The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Helmet Build Questions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:29 am 

Anyone know where I can get the Pep files and measurements for the parts on the M10 helmet? (Lobster plates and the brow plate and the headphone cover) also, are there modern produced earphones that are screen accurate? Thank you for the help.

Post subject: Re: Helmet Build Questions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:09 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
The various plates, protrusions and lobster plates all vary helmet to helmet. Even modern Terry English sets have their subtle differences, so I don't know that the pep files would be any more valuable to you than your own eye as you judge and estimate things.

-For the helmet, this time of year is great because there are "costume" helmets at Halloween stores. Last year I found a lightweight full sized (NOT the 'kids' costume section) that wasn't bad. Its a bit of a hybrid M1 and russian helmet but its light and $12. Once you slap the plates and camera on, no one will argue much with you.

-There is a general template of the lobster plates floating around here somewhere to get a good basic shape and size. Try doing a search and if you don't find them I'll pull them off my home computer. Its good if you plan on cutting a found object down.

-As far as I know the earphones are no longer produced. I searched high and low and never found one close in shape, but Spat sells casts of the real deal item and they are very affordable. Actually spat sells all the helmet parts.