The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Seem familiar?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:10 pm 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

'The Last Survivor' short film, Alien fan tribute

http://youtu.be/a2emA8OusWo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:47 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Pretty freakin' good! Hard not to compare it to the original of course, but it holds up pretty well. I'm curious if the exterior of the ship was all CGI or a model with a lot of AfterEffects on top of it.

Post subject: Re: Seem familiar?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:40 pm 

Service Number: A7/TQ2.0.22139E1
You guys might like this one to. My little nod to Aliens in the Tommy Gunn film I am in the post production phase of right now.

Wait for it...

Attachment:
GYRUSIAN003 pass1.jpg
GYRUSIAN003 pass1.jpg [ 505.33 KiB | Viewed 6482 times ]

OK, here she is, mounted on the front of this "sci-fi" bike. Although way more subtitle than this particular film above was, I am betting "she" will look familiar to you guys, and she made for a perfect addition to the full scale prop bike we built for the film.

Attachment:
GYRUSIAN002 pass1.jpg
GYRUSIAN002 pass1.jpg [ 494.43 KiB | Viewed 6482 times ]

No ground to give...not 1 inch... Major T. Gunn

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:42 am 

retrogarde wrote:
Pretty freakin' good! Hard not to compare it to the original of course, but it holds up pretty well. I'm curious if the exterior of the ship was all CGI or a model with a lot of AfterEffects on top of it.

Hi and thank you! Yeah, the exterior is a cgi model plus particle effects in AE. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:08 am 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

How long did this take?
Are the cast and crew friends of yours, film school friends, or professional colleagues?

I am very impressed by your demo reel - In particular the shots of spaceships and robots. I would say those are professional mainstream TV standard and if I didn't know better, I'd say they were clips from Hollywood films - Seriously, the little robot at around 1:28 looks like a scene from Wall-E!
Is Nocturnus a full-time career for you?

Post subject: Re: Seem familiar?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:19 am 

Thanks! I like to hear that... tell me more :mrgreen:

In the main time, I'm working as film teacher for kids, teenagers and adults, but when there's enough time, I gather some friends (sometimes, they "gather" me too), to make a shortfilm, that runs under the title "Nocturnus Film". So, it's not a real career, because most of it is just for fun. "The Last Survivor" was a mixture of helping friends and professional casting and actors.

The little robot in the end of the Demoreel is called "Arnold" and he's the supporting "actor" in the short scifi comedy "Furple Reign", which was shot in the same spaceship set like "The Last Survivor". I gave it to some shortfilm festivals and after they took it or did not take it, I will put it on YouTube. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:07 pm 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
I'm going to lock this thread folks as there are currently two threads running with the same subject.

While this thread is the oldest, the other thread is looking to be the main conversation now, and is located here.

Harry

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]