The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: Ultimate Sidearm options list (general reference)
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:26 pm 

I assume Guttman is the US equivalent of the British company Scalemead. Here's some info on scalemead I found on the web:

Quote:
Scalemead was a British company however they were not a manufacture but simply marketed a brand of cuffs which I believe were made in the far east.

Scalemead was primarily a mail order company selling airguns, blank firing handguns, knives crossbows etc. I believe they may have had one or two "show rooms" but they bulk of their business was mail order.

They appeared in the early to mid 1980's shortly after a firm of Sussex Armoury went out of business. I've always assumed that it was simply a change in name only as the product lines were very similar. ( I bought my very first pair of cuffs from Sussex Armoury when I was a young child).

Scalemead seems to have fallen by the wayside and a firm called Battle Order (also based in Sussex) now sells very similar items.

Cheers,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.65181E6
The SOCOM pistol has a LAM unit attached in the AvP2 game, but it has no
special functions... except to look cool.

If you want to get real obscure, and you're adding shotguns, the SPAS 12
pump shotgun was seen in the Atari Jaguar AvP game.

http://www.rookscastle.com
http://www.alchemyarms.com

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 am 
Lifer

Mine:

:wink:

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:04 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
This is a great thread!

I'll be going for a VP70 of some description... It's a good looking weapon which does look nicely futuristic...

It mystifies me why the A:CM game seemed transfixed on the 1911 type model... But it is handy to have that as a fall back...

In relation to night raiders... If a resin copy is acquired, what are people doing about scabbards?

I love threads like this...

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:11 am 

Magnus wrote:
This is SOOOOO helpful!!! The reference pics are great! Thank you!

Now..which one to pick...a sawed off, or pistol for my load out? Hmmmm....I guess we'll see which one I run into first in my travels!

The Ithaca is not a sawed off. It has a pistol grip and a factory made barrel. I'm a Licensed firearms owner in Canada and my Remington 870P with a 14" barrel is Non- Restricted. If I put a pistol grip on it (with or without folding stock) it just changes the status to Restricted. You can even get 12" barreled 870's with full stock to still be Non-Restricted. If you alter the stock or barrel yourself, that makes it prohibited, but if it comes straight from the manufacturer that length, it's rated according to our laws. If I had an 18.5" barrel for my Rem 870, I could put my Rem 870 Police Factory Folder Pistol gripped stock on it and it would still be Non-Restricted. There's a difference between sawed off and manufacturers barrel lengths. Also, pistol grips and full length stocks cut down. I hope this helps and the earlier prohibited comment doesn't scare you away from finding what you want. You can definately get the Ithica like Hicks, but it would be Classified as Restricted and you will only be able to shoot it at a range that allows shotties. Mine only let's you use them when it's not busy. It's an indoor pistol range primarily.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:54 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Did some tweaking w/new info.

-The knife section at the bottom of the first post has been revamped to include more info and match the format of the firearm section.

Also tried to upload photo's directly thread/website, but there is a 5 picture per post limit it seems. I should have 'reserved' the first 4 or 5 posts in order to present it the way I did. Any mods out there know any tricks? Fit more pics per page or sandwich new blank posts in there?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:30 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
APONE **DID** Have a Night Raider/Scalemead in the film!!!

Everyone knows by now Apone was photographed in pre-production costuming with the knife clipped to his shoulder bell. It obviously didn't appear there in the final costume.

But while trying to see how exactly he secured his VP70, I noticed something. It appears he moved the knife to his Right grenade strap, handle down (much like Hicks, just opposite strap). Its not easily visible because he strapped his VP70 across the top of the sheath, but it looks like the handle does indeed poke out!

I will try to get a better and more definitive pic, but that black and white one from the hive looks pretty good to me.

Worthless gear trivia I guess. Still no knife on Dietrich or Ski (at least none I've seen) but I think its a fun fact that 7 out of 9 marines were toting blades on screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:52 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Good eyes! Now that's you've pointed it out it seems so obvious.