The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Character 'Personalization' resource/thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:31 am 
Jigoku e masshigura

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.32122E1
Seriously! There is SO much more to see in high def. Still amazes me how much we were NOT seeing before the Blu-ray version was available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:11 am 
Reaper

Very cool stuff and great to know. A few things though, During prep time Frost was wearing a shirt that reads, "peace through superior firepower," believed to be his undershirt when in full gear.

The thing with Hicks' body armor the reason why it was done that way was because James Remmar was actually casted for that role but due to drugs the role was recasted. Also the scene where they are about to enter the hive (all backs facing the audience) is the only scene that Remmar did.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:06 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.52160G1
This thread has been immensely helpful for my writing the last few months. Thanks a bunch.

Is there a complete list of all the little doohickeys Drake has on his necklace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:19 am 

These photos are pretty useful for reference. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:55 am 
NZCM "Bug Stompers"

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.12144E1
Some reference pics are missing.

Paging bigbisont...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:48 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
prev wrote:
Some reference pics are missing.

Paging bigbisont...

Unfortunately the forum only allows 5 image uploads per post. When I did the first post, I was using an image hosting site and could do many images.
If I start a new image hosting site I will try to update the images, but until then, despite the numerous topics in the post, only 5 images are allowed.

If anyone else has an image hosting site they trust to stick around long-term, I can update all posts with your links to the appropriate slots/topics... that could be a quick workaround.

(and I did try to split that first post into multiple posts to allow more direct upload ability, but it doesn't appear possible in this format)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:23 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
I just don’t think it’s worth having hosting sites… absolute pain as they always drop out…

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:18 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Yet another pro of upgrading our forum to a more modern platform. I will die on this hill! hahahaha

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:26 pm 
THAT guy

Moosh89 wrote:
Yet another pro of upgrading our forum to a more modern platform. I will die on this hill! hahahaha

Some day, moosh! Some day....

ilovethecorps wrote:
I just don’t think it’s worth having hosting sites… absolute pain as they always drop out…

Totally agree. Most of us adapted pretty quick and switched to direct uploads even on the first page. All good tho...because I figured out a work-around!

You see the problem with trying to add or 'merge' posts is that they are all time stamped and only appear in the order in which they are posted, regardless of when you move/merge them. Since a 'new' post can't be moved up front, I went through some of my posts from December of 2012, found 3 that were not exactly 'gems of wisdom' and merged them here. Now I have 3 extra posts (that hold 5 images each) that appear in the correct order. Bear with me while I edit/update them, but most if not all images should be restored in a couple days.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:05 pm 

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.62852E1
Moosh89 wrote:
bigbisont wrote:

Drake

-Hat: “This side up” in marker & some kind of bead/chicken bone necklace through brim.

-Neck/weapon: Another beeded necklace with feathers/bones that is around his neck

I just noticed this while skimming through the bluray on my computer, forgive the iPhone pics, I need to get a program that can grab stills of blurays!

Attachment:
IMG_0941.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_0942.JPG

A small silver set of scales. Could mean he is a Libra, like me. I can't seem to make out what is hanging over top. Whatever it is, it's gold and appears to be squished flatter... :[

Apone is also wearing a large ring on his right "ring finger". I will work on getting some stills of it. I first noticed it at the breakfast table, but you may be able to see it better when he says "Look into my eye" to Hudson after waking from cryo. I'll check after a bit

Late to the party here but I’m new…

In relation to the gold object that Drake has around his neck and that others have said is a cowbell, I am 99% certain that it’s actually a slightly squashed “Capri bell”. They’re sold in Capri, Italy for good fortune and became hugely popular during WWII amongst especially US servicemen as a good luck charm. Ties in nicely with the USCM as USMC members during the Italian Campaign used them too along with USAAF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:54 pm 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
Here's a screen shot of Drake's necklaces. It does look very similar, but not as tall.

Attachment:
bell.jpg
bell.jpg [ 130.96 KiB | Viewed 7550 times ]

Harry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:01 am 

Harry Harris wrote:
Here's a screen shot of Drake's necklaces. It does look very similar, but not as tall.

Attachment:
bell.jpg

Harry

They vary hugely in height. I worked for a national aviation museum and have seen a lot of them. Here's for example a shorter one.

If you go to Capri it's the same now, you can get various height variations whilst they're all small charm size bells.

Just my call but as I said I have seen a lot of them and I stand by my opinion that it's a slightly squashed Capri bell. I'd put money on it being one if I could ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:22 pm 
THAT guy

Interesting. You know at this last prop-store auction in LA, member Retrogarde was able to interview Mark and he recalls that he found the bell while running. Engraved on it was "JEAN", which was the name of a character he had just played in a theatre production where his character was called via a bell. So he decided to keep it.

Were those personalized to your knowledge? Or possibly a competing/copycat brand?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:29 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
Interesting. You know at this last prop-store auction in LA, member Retrogarde was able to interview Mark and he recalls that he found the bell while running. Engraved on it was "JEAN", which was the name of a character he had just played in a theatre production where his character was called via a bell. So he decided to keep it.

Were those personalized to your knowledge? Or possibly a competing/copycat brand?

They can come blank or engraved. Lots of servicemen had them engraved with shamrocks, girlfriends/wives' names, unit #s, date, etc.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:48 pm 
THAT guy

bigbisont wrote:
... the problem with trying to add or 'merge' posts is that they are all time stamped and only appear in the order in which they are posted, regardless of when you move/merge them. Since a 'new' post can't be moved up front, I went through some of my posts from December of 2012, found 3 that were not exactly 'gems of wisdom' and merged them here. Now I have 3 extra posts (that hold 5 images each) that appear in the correct order. Bear with me while I edit/update them, but most if not all images should be restored in a couple days.

ALL PHOTOS HAVE BEEN UPDATED on page 1
I believe I got all the topics from following pages included in the info of each character.

I had to combine some pics into makeshift collages to get them all to fit in the '5 pic limit', but they are ALL PERMANANTLY UPLOADED to the site. (no hosting sites used)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6