The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:53 pm 

seven wrote:
where did al the photos go? host down? I wanna see these.

Page 2.

Post subject: Re: Sulaco hangar bay: a virtual tour (image heavy)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:11 am 

Bug Stomper wrote:
Attachment:
r15.jpg

Attachment:
r16.jpg

Attachment:
r17.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Stefan

I was really let down when Aliens Colonial Marines had a hangar nothing like the movie. :cry: I was let down by a lot of things in that game though. :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Alien1099 wrote:
I was really let down when Aliens Colonial Marines had a hangar nothing like the movie. :cry: I was let down by a lot of things in that game though. :P

Not much from A:CM was accurate to the movie (such as the colony) but to their credit - after I spoke with one of the developers (a great and dear friend) he told me he and the other developers hadn't had much to go on as far as reference and they had a strict time limit. Also another thing to consider is the true layout often wouldn't mesh well in a game environment as far as character/player travel was concerned. It would have to be streamlined to ensure playability.

Personally I've been researching the colony specifically for nearly 4 years. I've been lucky to find my equal in persistence and dedication in fellow AL board member "bughunt10" and together, we've made some great breakthroughs which we hope to confirm and show soon :)

I always enjoy seeing this particular thread pop up. All of this outstanding research was YEARS ahead of the stuff we're working on and to my (limited) knowledge - it still holds up! Bravo to all involved :delta:

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 pm 

Modern Archeology :wink:

Cheers,
Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:15 am 

Moosh89 wrote:
Alien1099 wrote:

Not much from A:CM was accurate to the movie (such as the colony) but to their credit - after I spoke with one of the developers (a great and dear friend) he told me he and the other developers hadn't had much to go on as far as reference and they had a strict time limit. Also another thing to consider is the true layout often wouldn't mesh well in a game environment as far as character/player travel was concerned. It would have to be streamlined to ensure playability.

Personally I've been researching the colony specifically for nearly 4 years. I've been lucky to find my equal in persistence and dedication in fellow AL board member "bughunt10" and together, we've made some great breakthroughs which we hope to confirm and show soon :)

I always enjoy seeing this particular thread pop up. All of this outstanding research was YEARS ahead of the stuff we're working on and to my (limited) knowledge - it still holds up! Bravo to all involved :delta:

Yeah I know the project was mismanaged and Gearbox basically scrambled in the last year of the 6 year development to make most of the game. It should be a lesson taught in business school for how not to manage a project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:29 pm 
GarageGeek

With colonial marines I feel like a lot of execs are just gonna take its failure as a sign that the fans just arent interested in a USCM game.
But look what happened with "SONIC mania" a FAN made a sonic game and it got picked up by the company and funded. Maybe things like
these 3D renders and fan fiction it could lead to a proper game down the road. I know that if every Legacy member was sitting in a room with a stack of money there would be a great game made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:59 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
Apologies that I am late to the party on this... excellent work... has anyone got a closeup of the font used for the SULACO bays? It would appear that everything is stored in bays off the main hanger. Such as the APC, for example. The APC carries markings on the front ‘2D SULACO’ which indicates the bay it is stored in (and the ship it is from)... has anyone got any more images of the font used or examples of stencils or markings in the hanger area?

I have attached a few shots (apologies for the quality) of the original set. The APC is parked in the far distance in front of a painted screen of DROPSHIP 02...

Was someone going to drop the images on this thread back into the original posts?

48A11870-BC4F-44F8-978E-7399DA2C2584.png
48A11870-BC4F-44F8-978E-7399DA2C2584.png [ 90.66 KiB | Viewed 1033 times ]

848E6281-DC18-49C4-921D-052B9F0A2718.png
848E6281-DC18-49C4-921D-052B9F0A2718.png [ 83.01 KiB | Viewed 1033 times ]

D5CF73B2-B831-4BF2-A136-7A13317E777B.png
D5CF73B2-B831-4BF2-A136-7A13317E777B.png [ 97.06 KiB | Viewed 1033 times ]

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:09 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
I think I have managed to figure out what went where on the original post from the reposted images... what an outstanding piece of work... and an amazing set...

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."