The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm 
"Have you met me?"

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.62144E1
Looks great, Moosh!

UKCM FOREIGN LEGION:
"DEVIANT DRAGOONS"

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 am 
Duke Bronson

Moosh89 wrote:
Here is some photos from tonight when we shaved my head for charity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:21 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
So this week hasn't gone to plan, My mother hasn't been feeling well and we are experiencing some family issues (its quad-annual, the third time is always around my birthday, which is on Monday haha) so the Pants sewing has been put on the backburner.

In the meantime we decided to start the visor hat, since it is smaller. We got most of the base shape down, but calling it a night cause my explaining isn't getting through to her as she is getting tired, and so am I haha, I guess we will pick up tomorrow where we left off tonight, unless my Dad shows up to see me before my birthday.

I am just trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind occupied, this Saturday is the Extra Life fundraiser and Sunday is my and Moms "TV night" together (The Walking Dead, Dexter, and Boardwalk Empire!) so I think I'm all planned out for the remainder of this week. I still need to finish up some work in there somewhere too!

More later :)...

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:14 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Well, just when things start looking up they go for sh** again.

Our family issues had just been sorted out, things were returning to normal. Then Monday morning my Mom woke me up to tell me some devastating news. Our community lost 2 members who were very active in the Chuckwagon life (something we are a part of) and the school out here. It was not an accident. They had been shot.

Things like this do not happen in such a small community. We are an "unorganized hamlet". There is probably only 30-40 families in the surrounding area. Everyone knows everybody. Thats what makes it so tragic. You think you know someone until something like this happens. They whole area, not just community is deeply affected. Their family is far reaching, and hard working and respected.

The family has been through so much. Their boy, who was my age (one of my best friends) was killed some years ago in an accident. He was only 13. And now the rest of the kids have to deal with losing their parents too.

I haven't felt much like doing anything, although I will probably still donn my shirt tonight incase we get any little ones coming trick or treating. I do have a sad but funny attempt at the homemade visor hat finished too. The pants will have to wait a bit longer. I will just have to wear some black pants or something haha.

For everyone going out tonight with their little ones or for those going to parties tonight, take care and be safe! <3

Moosh

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Woot!, Dressed up tonight and felt tons better :)

The hat, oh my gosh hahaha!, What a disaster!, We were rushing it though, we screwed up so many times, then it was last minute finishing it, the night before last, we stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, finally we went to bed, then early in the morning, like 7:30AM I could hear the sewing machine chattering away, then awhile later someone comes and pokes me... *poke poke poke*... *Poke Poke Poke*... *POKE POKE POOOOOKE!* so I looked over to see my Mom wearing it with the biggest "I did it!" grin ever haha, It looked good through my sleepy eyes, but when I woke up I had to laugh hard!, I definitely need to supervise the next attempt! hahaha, I admire the effort so I proudly wore my crooked, too big, floppy hat tonight bahaha

Heres some photos I had her snap with my phone :)

Attachment:
7199D22B-7B36-467A-BF0F-FA749129F194-1458-000000FC8FE5178B.JPG
7199D22B-7B36-467A-BF0F-FA749129F194-1458-000000FC8FE5178B.JPG [ 266.8 KiB | Viewed 3895 times ]

Attachment:
117FCC6B-A6CC-42BF-9117-EA0B55DA2508-1458-000000FC88A7530F.JPG
117FCC6B-A6CC-42BF-9117-EA0B55DA2508-1458-000000FC88A7530F.JPG [ 263.18 KiB | Viewed 3895 times ]

Attachment:
44CA7FFC-6288-47FE-92D8-D6B84F8A1153-1458-000000FC79259795.JPG
44CA7FFC-6288-47FE-92D8-D6B84F8A1153-1458-000000FC79259795.JPG [ 284.79 KiB | Viewed 3895 times ]

Attachment:
59E750AB-836C-4A5F-8121-5A386C1606D0-1458-000000FC6FFF3E63.JPG
59E750AB-836C-4A5F-8121-5A386C1606D0-1458-000000FC6FFF3E63.JPG [ 298.56 KiB | Viewed 3895 times ]

Last edited by Moosh89 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: MOOSH's Uniform Build (Photos on page 3!)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:16 am 
Duke Bronson

I've got shiny cap badges for sale that goes right on that cap, Marine.

http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:31 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Moosh89 wrote:
Thanks but I can't take the credit for that, camotech made a gunny patch that had the Pulse rifle on it, I just removed a chevron and the bottom rockers and had her make that haha.

That was for me, camotech did a superb job on my gunny patches, glad they were able to help you out! The patch looks awesome!

As does your Service C's!! GREAT JOB! And your mom MADE the hat?!?!

Wow! Too cool! :delta: :delta: :delta: :delta:

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Haha, thanks Hollis DZ! I just now seen your comment :)

The hat is kinda laughable, but it was a fun attempt. Hopefully once I find a machine I can use I can take a better crack at it on my own :)

Minor update (FINALLY)

I managed to wrangle her into sewing on a new patch I got from Airborne Mike, (Thanks friend!) It only took a month to get her finaggled into doing it! haha. I would have tried to do it myself but I probably couldn't push the needle through the patch anyway.

Here it is in it's current state, along with the dogtags I got made by Armourer in the Base PX (Thanks to you too!)

Attachment:
1A9501EC-5FF2-4A80-A982-B200BE10E9DA-11865-00000E71200B740B.JPG
1A9501EC-5FF2-4A80-A982-B200BE10E9DA-11865-00000E71200B740B.JPG [ 368.92 KiB | Viewed 3895 times ]

Still needs the UA flag, and my ship patch. My Mom is just learning how to embroider at our work so I should be able to get her to do up my designs once she learns the silkscreening and sublimation, which shouldn't be too long now :)

Still need to do up the pants as well :( Hopefully soon! :) I have all the material needed to do them

Planning on wearing this to my local EB Games when I pick up my A:CM Collectors Edition for PS3, then play all day haha

Last edited by Moosh89 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Maybe you're just keeping them nice for now, but there is a paper layer still stuck to your dogtags in the photo. I'd peel it off before you go to get your game! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:29 pm 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas

Great team work. Looks good!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

retrogarde wrote:
Maybe you're just keeping them nice for now, but there is a paper layer still stuck to your dogtags in the photo. I'd peel it off before you go to get your game! 8)

Good catch!, You are correct!... I am kinda nitpicky about my stuff haha I like to keep it protected. When not in use I keep them in the little ziplock baggie they came in haha

Thanks retrogarde and ADC! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Minor update :)

So, it all started with me and my Mom deciding to rewatch the Star Wars franchise. Last night she reminisced about when we made my ALIENS Service C shirt after she was admiring the Clone Trooper and Storm Trooper costumes in the films. She said she had fun and that we need to finish the outfit, and possibly make a better Service C shirt (because we screwed up so many times bahahaha!).

I was excited and agreed, which got me thinking about my plans to eventually do a field outfit. I had previously posted about having an eye on some Olive Drab and Black Panama sole Jungle Boots in my size, but then I remembered that Dietrich, Vasquez and Ferro all wore Black leather combat boots.

So the hunt began early this morning. I knew it would be tough to find a Girls size 2 (I have small feet haha) so I wasn't being picky for screen accurate. I found ONE type that were available in my size!, the other types were out of stock.

Attachment:
IMG_6265.JPG
IMG_6265.JPG [ 180.2 KiB | Viewed 3895 times ]

I am pretty pleased with myself!, they are even "distressed" haha, which is cool because I never distress my footwear because I never walk on them haha.

Last edited by Moosh89 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Thats awesome! Those will look great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:34 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Very neat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 pm 
The Good Looking One

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.72144E1
Outstanding Job :-)

"Civies We are Leaving"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 pm 
Call down the Thunder

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.12149E1
Looking good MOOSH.... will anyone be "mass-producing" those stripes?

Dropship Argonne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:33 pm 
MODEL 120-A2

Service Number: A04/TQ0.0.72178E5
Those patches and stripes are awesome! Great work!

Charlie

"There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. On penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

You can get the stripes at camotech (www.camotech.com). I wish I could take credit for thinking them up but actually, I only modified the design to Corporal because another AL member had ordered a Gunny patch like that from them, which they had listed on their site. Outstanding idea to the original artist!

Camotech is amazing to deal with too!, Linda made me a 4cm one to match to put on a khaki patrol cap too :), it looks awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:21 am 
Mobile Mayhem

So I have been toying with the idea of armour... Actually it was my Mom who first suggested it and how we should do it haha.

Just the front piece, and shoulders, no back (because of my wheelchair). But although it would be cool, it might look really weird considering I'm in a chair haha. Maybe a combat outfit like Gormans is more suitable?

But if I did do the armour, I think pepakura would be the way I'd go, but to re-enforce it, I would paint on resin to the outside, and carefully paper mache the inside, sand it, then coat the inside with resin as well to sort of "seal" it. The whole process needs to be done indoors by myself and my Mom haha. So non-toxic is a must. Any thoughts on this method?

I have been researching pepakura today and most concerns with paper mache are strength and "mushy-ness". Well we would be careful to not get it mushy and soggy, and as for strength, its not like it will be getting any stress, as it will likely just be sitting on me, as I don't move around a lot in my chair haha.

My front piece will need to be specially modeled, to fit me proper as my body does not have the regular shape, due to my scoliosis, and also I am a woman, so theres no need for the "ridge" on the front piece, it needs to be rounded, as seen on Dietrich's armour on Harry's site. I also want to switch the opening side to my left side, rather than the traditional right side.

I'm thinking all I have to do is 3D model it in my modeling program then unwrap it with the pepakura program.

Also, looking for input on whether or not to go for the armour or the Gorman style look :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:27 am 
Don't sell yourself short, that 1st shirt you made was pretty damn good. I can barely sew a seam.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 am 
Duke Bronson

Spat's Recon Armor (Or, Recce Armour as we'd say in Canada) might be better suited to your needs.
http://spatcave.com/reconarmor.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:24 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

I'm not a fan of the recon armour like Cruz, and that is TOTALLY nothing against Spat! I guess I'm a purist haha, I like the movie look of the M3 set

Last edited by Moosh89 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:54 pm 
Spark Chaser

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.32146E1
Great job with everything so far! As for the armor, you could totally do the breastplate without the back, but the shoulder bells might be problematic with the chair, unless you made them smaller or modified the back. IMO, your best bet would be to go Cruz style like in A:CM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Yep, for the bells I would likely have a material back, like some vinyl that can be painted to match and make it shaped like a neck wrap, so it hangs around my neck and lays over my shoulders, but also strapped down to the breastplate like they normally would be.

Thanks for the input everyone! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 am 
Mobile Mayhem

I got my boots, and they fit!!! haha! Not sure which I will work on next, I still need to get the Service C pants started, and I want to do more work with the patches, I have one all mapped out for the machines at work, just need to order blanks and get them done

Slowly getting there!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next