The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:50 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Aaron: I got some velcro today to fix that top button. Thanks for all your help!

Post subject: Re: My uniform build
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 pm 
If found face down, Call a corpsman!

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.42145E1
Hi Loved the BDU mod so I went for it myself I have done the coller and pockets with velco and its looking good cant what to see what you come up with next.

"I'm ready, man check it out. I am the ultimate badass! state of the badass art! You do not want to frak with me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:29 am 
Hey Retro, how did you modify the collar? I just got my BDU top and want to do the same...as well as swap out the button with velcro. Did you just trim it and re-sew it? If so, how much did you take off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:12 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
I used Sgt. Burton's guide found here:

http://www.rhythm.com/~alexko/misc/uscm ... rsion.html

It works quite well if you don't have any spare material to sew a new one. My Polish BDU blouse had a fair amount of extra material on the sleeves so I probably could have attempted a more SA collar, but I wasted it trying to make a helmet cover instead...

EDIT: I checked your thread to see if yours has extra cloth on the elbows and it does. Seam rip that stuff off and you *could* make a very nice rounded corner Mandarin collar. It's your call, but the option is there. Of course you are sporting a throat guard so no one is going to see it anyway!! 8)