The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Master Replicas Aliens M-41A Pulse Rifle ...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:37 am 
I haven't been posting for some time, but went looking for any new info on MR making a PR. I finally decided to contact MR customer service and asked them and this is the reply I received:

Dear Russell,

I am sorry but I have not been informed of us ever doing the Aliens pulse rifle.
It is not on the 2007 product list. It is always still a posssibility but nothing definite as of yet. Please feel free to contact us anytime.

Sincerely,

Jerry
Customer Service

Anyone else have anything that might shed more light on this subject? If so, it will be greatly appreciated.

Russell aka Rogue 1SG

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/110823/U.S.C.M.Logo2.jpg"%20style="height:67;width:319;[/img]

DEATH is CERTAIN.....LIFE is NOT! SO, JUST DO IT!

Post subject: Re: Master Replicas Aliens M-41A Pulse Rifle ...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:00 am 
The long and short of it is "not right now." That *may* change, but we've got a ton of amazing stuff in the product plan for 2007, so the long awaited licensed PR may have to wait. I do know the company has ONE huge advocate of this prop, a total Aliens freak - feel free to hit him up at williegoldman@masterreplicas.com :)

-W

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:57 am 
Willie your too much :lol:
[url=http://www.m41a.com][img]http://www.m41a.com/banners/neokramer.jpg[/img]
[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:25 am 
A little off topic but...

Are there plans for a Star Trek VI assault phaser? ;) :D

Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:58 am 
MR has the Bapty plans.......just bide your time guys. Bide your time!!
[img]http://www.colonialmarines.net/Banner.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:31 am 
And start saving your money. ;) :)

Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:36 am 
Outstanding Willie!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:40 am 
Quote:
Quote:Are there plans for a Star Trek VI assault phaser?

"Outlook looks good"

-W

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:03 am 
Damn it! *Starts saving for new props again*
:D
-----------------------
My WebPage... Of d00m!

It's the 21st Century and where are the flying cars...??
-I was *promised* flying cars.....Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jedifraz>JediFraz[/url] at: 11/16/06 3:03 am

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:42 pm 
I never stopped saving . . . or spending . . . or hoping . . . or wishing.

But, with QMX around I think we know the number 1 supporter of the PR inside MR is gone daddy gone.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:12 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Are there plans for a Star Trek VI assault phaser?
No kidding... that thing's awesome... with the removable battery/mag and all!
<span style="color:lime;]Cpl. Dom "SharP" Beaudoin - USCM Service Number Registrar
A10/TQ1.0.92147E1
<span style="color:yellow;]Need a USCM service number assigned to you? E-mail me at [url=mailto:cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com]cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com[/url]
<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]The USCM Challenge Coin! Get yours <span style="color:blue;font-size:large;]here<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]!

[img]http://www.pbase.com/image/68371348.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:17 pm 
Honestly the biggest problem with the PR is figuring out how to do it right, and getting around import laws, replica guns laws, etc. If the triggers weren't functional, would you still want one? If it was $999.00 would you still want one? Would you want a shroud pulled from Bapty (dent and all), or an idealized "clean" one like SD's? So many questions on how to do it correctly. How do we keep members of the AL happy and still move 1500 units? If and when the time comes, we'll definitely be looking here for input...

-Willie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:49 pm 
Well the bottom line is always an issue in production. I know that is as much a concern as is customer demand. We can demand a hero PR all day long, but if the profit margin isn't favorable, ain't gonna happen.:D

I guess my question would be, has MR produced any gun related replicas with working triggers before?

Personally I would like a pull from the bapty shrouds, dent and all, yeah. Because this is what no one else has done, it is a licensed replica, so why not pull it from the source?

There are "functioning" replicas of the PR available, Toyko Marui makes a nice Thomspon airsoft, so if folks gotta have a working charging handle and trigger, it's not an impossible situation for them to get it.

Lets have a licensed replica pulled from the film used sources and I'm guessing folks will show up with thier wallets.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:15 am 
The first Han blaster had a working trigger. I believe it was based on a Denix replica. I've heard that since then China doesn't allow production of replicas with working triggers so that means no cheap Chinese labor building them if they have working triggers.

Though honestly at this point how many people would be happy with a Liscenced replica of the same static nature as an Icons?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:35 am 
The last Icons I saw on ebay went for nearly $700, so somebody still wants them.:D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:58 am 
I say we offer our services to MR to build these for free and cut costs for them ;)

I'm not fussed about a moving trigger. Aslong as the SPAS racks and the mag comes out and the counter works I'll be happy :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:00 am 
...but if it's all dented and beat up, you can count me out.
<span style="color:lime;]Cpl. Dom "SharP" Beaudoin - USCM Service Number Registrar
A10/TQ1.0.92147E1
<span style="color:yellow;]Need a USCM service number assigned to you? E-mail me at [url=mailto:cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com]cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com[/url]
<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]The USCM Challenge Coin! Get yours <span style="color:blue;font-size:large;]here<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:41 am 
I guess we can just count you out of everything then . . .

;)

Dom, why wouldn't you want a pulse rifle cast from the bapty gun?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:13 am 
I'd have to say I agree with Dom- if I wanted it weathered (which I am particularly fussy about)- I'd do it myself.

Really the fact that it is a pull from the original rifle makes no difference to me. If it's accurate- it's accurate. If it's not... I hope it's a couple of hundred dollars less. ;)

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:52 pm 
Quote:
Quote:I guess we can just count you out of everything then . . .
:lol: I was waiting for that!

Live Kevin said, I'm not too nuts about weathering... can you imagine 1500 marines with the same dent marks on their PRs..? I'm a marine who like to keep his weapon in TIP TOP shape!

"PR", that give me a good graffitti idea for an M41A:

<span style="font-size:xx-large;]P<span style="font-size:large;]UBLIC
<span style="font-size:xx-large;]R<span style="font-size:large;]ELATIONS
A10/TQ1.0.92147E1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:50 am 
Quote:
Quote:I never stopped saving . . . or spending . . . or hoping . . . or wishing.

But, with QMX around I think we know the number 1 supporter of the PR inside MR is gone daddy gone.

I dont think QMX and the number one supporter for the MR Pulse Rifle have anything in common.

I think the number one supporter is right where they need to be in MR.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:25 am 
Thanks for all the info and input Marines. I for one, having spent a lifetime in the US Military, can honestly say that having a weapon, or any other piece of equipment that was weathered, battered, or looking in a poor state of repair, was just not possible. All equipment that was dented, scratched, broke, or otherwise dirtied up in the field, was cleaned, repaired, painted and made to look as unused as possible when we returned from field duty. My personnel preference for a PR is one as close as possible to an SD type. If you want a Bapty type, the G&P Kit gets pretty close to it in my opinion, again I say in my opinion. Honestly, if there was a kit like the G&P that looked like the SD, I would buy several, and build my own. Just my opinion. Oh, and I do want one of those Assault Type Phasers, I hope MR gets to it soon. Thanks again one and all. I wish you all the best Marines.
Russell aka Rogue 1SG

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/110823/U.S.C.M.Logo2.jpg"%20style="height:67;width:319;[/img]

DEATH is CERTAIN.....LIFE is NOT! SO, JUST DO IT!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:19 pm 
IMHO, it doesn't get any better than a Matsucorp PR.

'nuff said! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:00 pm 
So your suggesting Matsuo builds a few hundred PR's and MR slaps their sticker on it?

Hmmmmmm <lol>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:47 am 
Honestly the biggest problem with the PR is figuring out how to do it right, and getting around import laws, replica guns laws, etc. If the triggers weren't functional, would you still want one? If it was $999.00 would you still want one? Would you want a shroud pulled from Bapty (dent and all), or an idealized "clean" one like SD's? So many questions on how to do it correctly. How do we keep members of the AL happy and still move 1500 units? If and when the time comes, we'll definitely be looking here for input...

Randomly going through the topics.

*Since I am both poor and not particuarly skilled at working in metal, plastic and /or resin, a static PR is something I'd be interested in depending on the price. I can't see paying anything more than the range of $300-$500 for a static version

With sets out there at anywhere from $750 to around 1K, I'm still hoping someone like Tokyo Marui actually get the chance to do a LICENSED airsoft PR. A working, airsoft firing PR would CERTAINLY be worth $700 to me.

But maybe I'm just a cheap and unrealistic bastich?

*As far as using the real prop with the dings and mistakes and doing a "clean" version, I dig back to a conversation that I had with my old boss at SOTA Toys. We were looking at the protos for the Toxic Avenger figure and he wondered whether you should see the zipper on the outfit? It was not very well hidden and could be seen. He asked-"Do we make it exactly like the original or to what people thought it looked like?"

Make the illusion, I said and that's what we did. I say the same here.

If I want it damaged/weathered, I'll do it myself!

*ST Assault Phasers? The one from ST V? Like the one Playmates made? I think I still have that somewhere. Wonder if it's worth pulling out for the gang here...
"Your quality will be known among your enemies, before ever you meet them."