The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: Master Replicas Aliens M-41A Pulse Rifle ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:24 am 
Good to see this discussion is still going strong. When we initially mooted the idea of MR doing a PR their were many concerns about how,why,where and such but with Willie as the man inside now I for one would be 100% behind any MR iteration of THE prop from the movies.

A small warning.

Absolute accuracy does not necessarily mean an assurance of good sales. Look at the Deck 36 and MR Motion Trackers. Finding out exactly what the customer base wants in their ideal PR will be essential in making this viable for MR.

Having said that, I haven't sold of any of my PR parts in anticipation of this happening soon...;)

Cheers

Tony
When you are out of Pulse Rifles, you are out of Weapons!

Post subject: Re: Master Replicas Aliens M-41A Pulse Rifle ...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:03 pm 
Quote:
Quote:Live Kevin said, I'm not too nuts about weathering... can you imagine 1500 marines with the same dent marks on their PRs..? I'm a marine who like to keep his weapon in TIP TOP shape!

"PR", that give me a good graffitti idea for an M41A:

<span style="font-size:xx-large;]P<span style="font-size:x-large;]UBLIC
<span style="font-size:xx-large;]R<span style="font-size:x-large;]ELATIONS

I feel the same way, Dom. I love my PR fresh and clean, as it just seems naturally. Sure weathered PRs are closer to screen accurate, but crisp and sharp-lookin' PRs are more realistic in regards to current military standards.

I know I don't want my gun dirty and beat up. I want it to work! Plus, it would look odd for every PR to be dented up in the same place. Although an MR PR would be a nice addition, I'm already planning on adding a second addition to the family (this time with a Marui Thompson). Hope (my PR) is feeling lonely, I believe.

"PUBLIC
RELATIONS"... I love it!
Cpl.
J. HENSON
A25/TQ2.0.72380E5