The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 58  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:33 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Ha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:11 pm 
AKKURAZI

There is supposed to be a decal? And I painted it on mine... hours of rage with trembling fingers. :D

Post subject: Re: New NECA Colonial Marine action figures and more
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:35 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Korrick USCM wrote:
NECA customer service got back to me and I'm sending private messages back and forth. They also told me to keep this on the DL so ignore that post on the other page :D

Kinda surprised they actually told you to keep it on the DL! It was their error! I guess it costs them about a buck in postage every time they fix the mistake, so I reckon that is why they prefer it kind of be hush-hush.

In any case, It seems the decals were supposed to be included the same way the A3 merc helmet decals were included.
Getting them now is free in the US as long as they have more to ship, but is a minor pain in the butt and they won't ship them outside of the US no matter what. I am not a 'twitter' guy, so twitter vets please excuse the long answer. I'm assuming others, like me, are new to the process.

1. You need to have a twitter account, and you "DM" (direct message) NECA's customer service account (@NECA_CS). The trick is you can't DM anyone until you are both following each other.

2. First you "Follow" them, then post a generic message at them like "I need some adios decals". Don't post your address or any of that yet, as it would be public.

3. Once they see the message, they should "follow" you back. When you are 'following' each other, you have the option to "DM" them your address in a private conversation that is not public.

4. Finally they ship a couple to you at no charge. Usually they toss in some extras, so if you feel like it you can spread the wealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:58 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ2.0.22147E1
good to know. :)

Post subject: Re: New NECA Colonial Marine action figures and more
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:07 am 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
bigbisont wrote:
1. You need to have a twitter account, and you "DM" (direct message) NECA's customer service account (@NECA_CS). The trick is you can't DM anyone until you are both following each other.

2. First you "Follow" them, then post a generic message at them like "I need some adios decals". Don't post your address or any of that yet, as it would be public.

3. Once they see the message, they should "follow" you back. When you are 'following' each other, you have the option to "DM" them your address in a private conversation that is not public.

4. Finally they ship a couple to you at no charge. Usually they toss in some extras, so if you feel like it you can spread the wealth.

Wow! That seems both incredibly complicated and a very thinly veiled attempt to gain more followers. What's wrong with a quick email?!

Harry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:46 pm 
Mad Cat

Service Number: AO3/TQ6.0.79749E8
Harry, NECA'S customer service has always been lacking.

It's a boot!"

III drops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:04 pm 
Moderator & screen used

If that's the way to contact them then they're making things way more complicated than things need to be!

Harry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:19 pm 
THAT guy

Can be a blessing and a curse. Of course the hoop jumping sucks, but due to their love of twitter, they do actually interact more with the fans than most companies. They actually answer questions and have dialogues about possible future releases and address speculation. Nifty in a way.

Also for what it is worth, their customer service account is different than their main account. The main account is the one showing off product, so it doesn't even really help anyone to follow customer service. Just another hoop to jump through on our end that keeps their main feed free of clutter I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
I'll paint it on for a fiver Harry ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:26 pm 

Is it definite they won't ship to U.K? That's really annoying ☹️

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:39 pm 
Moderator & screen used

bigbisont wrote:
...but due to their love of twitter, they do actually interact more with the fans than most companies.

...except the fans who don't use Twitter.

A lot of companies forget that there are many platforms via which to communicate with customers, but not everyone uses them all.

Harry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:56 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

I've begun the Twitter process laid out by Terran above. If I am sent multiple decals I'll gladly mail them to members outside the U.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 am 

retrogarde wrote:
I've begun the Twitter process laid out by Terran above. If I am sent multiple decals I'll gladly mail them to members outside the U.S.

That's very kind, I for one would be interested if you have any success

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:44 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.02154E1
Decals came in. They sent 5. Going to have to look up how to apply them, I've never attached water decals before.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 pm 
THAT guy

Korrick USCM wrote:
Decals came in. They sent 5. Going to have to look up how to apply them, I've never attached water decals before.

Pretty easy. Drop the decal in a bit of water and let it soak. When it softens up, the letters will slide right off the paper and onto the gun.

Keeping it wet will allow you to keep repositioning it, but be warned excessive water and play will cause the glue to slip out too.
(Probably why they sent multiples)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
Korrick USCM wrote:

Pretty easy. Drop the decal in a bit of water and let it soak. When it softens up, the letters will slide right off the paper and onto the gun.

Keeping it wet will allow you to keep repositioning it, but be warned excessive water and play will cause the glue to slip out too.
(Probably why they sent multiples)

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 pm 
Mad Cat

Service Number: AO3/TQ6.0.79749E8
And I would add, don't let them sit in the water too long or else they become very delicate and rip easily. You could also go an extra mile and use "decal set" made by Testors or any other model company, but it's not necessary.

It's a boot!"

III drops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
The best way is to let the decal float on the water, image side up, until the backing paper changes colour/soaks the water up, then take it out the water and set aside for around 30-60 seconds.
When the decal can slide on the backing paper it's time to apply to the model. No way you can over soak it that way. :)

Don't touch the decal with your fingers as it sticks allot better to skin than plastic/paint, tweezers are ideal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:12 pm 

Thanks for the advice everyone. Didn't get a chance to add it yesterday so I'll tackle it this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:32 pm 

NECA Batman / Aliens & Superman / Aliens

http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-f ... tor-239998

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8 ... e=593FFABF

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34250 ... ker-alien/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:50 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Not my cup of tea at all, but that Joker Alien certainly is creepy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:04 pm 

"Joker Alien", seriously?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:16 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

It's from an old Dark Horse/DC crossover I guess. I never got into those as the premise was just too far fetched for me. Superman vs Aliens in particular makes me shudder involuntarily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:12 am 

Service Number: A12/TQ2.0.22147E1
Having read Superman Vs Aliens, I can easily say I preferred the Dark Horse comic crossovers with the Predator.. Ghost had the easiest way to deal with 'em. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:05 pm 

Really not a fan of these Aliens crossovers. Batman vs Aliens...Superman vs Aliens...Dredd vs Aliens...Predator vs Aliens...Vampirella vs Aliens...NO HECK NO.
The original Aliens vs Predator Dark Horse comic book was very good but it should've stopped there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 58  Next