The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: New 10-Hole Hero Pulse Rifle page
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:39 pm 

Hi there!

This forum has been the basis of all my knowledge of the screen used Pulse Rifles, and it has always been my goal to create a Hero Pulse Rifle based on the so-called "10-Hole Hero" Pulse Rifle, i.e. the one with the 10-hole vent, the one used in the close-up shots in the movie and commonly believed to reside with James Cameron (but most likely altered, i.e. without the life-fire Remington 870).

Through tidbits of knowledge here and there, and also an ongoing e-mail correspondence with Stefan (member "Bug Stomper"), I have compiled quite a list of differences between the 8-hole Hero Pulse Rifles and the 10-Hole Hero. Some of these are well-known, others have been discovered by Stefan and me. Most of the information that can be found on this forum requires thorough search through multiple threads, so my goal was to create a site for the detail-oriented Pulse Rifle fanatics to create the „perfect“ 10-Hole Hero Pulse Rifle replica.

This is an ongoing effort, so if you know of anything I forgot or have discovered unique details yourself, please let me know and I will include it on the site. The site is not done yet, the version for mobile phones is not quite done yet and I suspect there will be a multitude of spelling and other errors. Feel free to inform me of any mistakes you find.

Many thanks to Stefan for his help and his willingness to share the wealth of knowledge he possesses on the subject, and also many thanks to Willie Goldman for his Pulse Rifle Information and Resource page where the many different Hero Pulse Rifles are compiled with valuable infos.

Oh, and also, I have uploaded several 3D models of Pulse Rifle parts, including an incredibly accurate front block model researched by Stefan and me, models of Stefans barrel vent and shoulder stock, the Thompson grip as well as my new magazine bottom mechanism!

Find it all here:
http://www.pulserifle.net

Cheers!
Roman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:03 am 
very detailed!

Post subject: Re: New 10-Hole Hero Pulse Rifle page
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:33 am 

Roman,

thanks a lot for putting that page together. Must have been quite a bit of work you invested there!
Should be a great help for anyone who wants to build a hero pulse rifle.

Cheers
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:46 am 
GarageGeek

I love that website. Reminds of when the internet wasnt under totalitarian control.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:15 pm 

Hi all!

So for anyone interested:
My 3D printed magazine bottoms for the Auto Ordnance M1A1 magazines will work with original magazines.
The only thing I cannot test if this will fit a setup with a real Thompson M1A1 and HGC shrouds, as I do not own a real M1A1.
But if anyone uses the models, I'd be glad to hear if it fit (and if not, what mods would be needed).
Get the files on my page: http://www.pulserifle.net

Cheers!
Roman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:54 pm 
Ace of Spades.

Service Number: A05/tqo.o62143E1
I was just on there looking around - thanks for the work it took to put this together !! Great reference page !

I am going to buy that pulse rifle manual I think

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:11 pm 

Hi folks!

I'll probably soon flesh out the site some more, and also, exciting news, there's progress with my very own Pulse Rifle build. I'll probably post some pics soon.

But first:
I'm also on my very own Smartgun build, and I plan to create the "auxiliary" parts (i.e. the custom parts for the original Smartgun, for example the "trigger block", the pistol grip housing, the front grip, etc.) as CAD models for free download as well.
However, it seems to be very difficult to get accurate part info and/or measurements. Does anyone have more info on the individual Smartgun parts or could give some info on measurements? I've been going through tons of reference pics, but it's still a lot of guesswork.

Cheers!
Roman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 pm 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
As much as I dislike linking to a Facebook group, M56 Smartgun Builders Group might be helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:48 pm 

Would numbers from the AR125 footrests help?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:48 pm 
Enjoy the silence

Excellent page!
Thanks for that!
Next step could be to collect all information about all PR out there, for example the airsoft conversion, the HCG, the Nerf etc.
Cheers