The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: MAKERS OF HERO PULSE RIFLE PARTS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
So… after a quick conversation with MOOSH the other day, who is now making parts for hero PRs?

I know SD STUDIOS and MATSUO do parts. But I hear some others are making bits now like stocks and so on…

There is always the take on which is most screen accurate. Accepting of course our own hero PRs are possibly made slightly ‘prettier’ than the screen used guns. Particularly when they incorporate working counters / electronics and so on.

Pictures with finished parts and the makers would be handy.

Thanks

Pete

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:51 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Damned quiet on this forum these days…

08180C91-5439-4FD4-9928-14B85591FC7D.jpeg
08180C91-5439-4FD4-9928-14B85591FC7D.jpeg [ 90.6 KiB | Viewed 1097 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:58 am 
Marine Raider

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.92155E1
Those two sellers you listed, I know sell metal parts. Buyer beware

There is a few people I know that make custom metal parts. Not readily available, I know some would make another part for pulse again. Don’t know if they would like me to put their names on here. But I can point you towards the right direction depending on what you need. PM

Sadly no metal shrouds or cage yet. :,(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:34 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Thanks Bacta… I have a hero PR already… with aluminium shrouds so I’m okay… I was wondering what improvements are out there and whether to bother… a better copy of the PR front vents and end triangle for example… Moosh indicated there were better stocks available than the SD STUDIOS ones.

I’m not planning on replacing anything unless I’m convinced it’s more screen accurate… and even then there was variety from rifle
To rifle…

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:50 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
ilovethecorps wrote:
Thanks Bacta… I have a hero PR already… with aluminium shrouds so I’m okay… I was wondering what improvements are out there and whether to bother… a better copy of the PR front vents and end triangle for example… Moosh indicated there were better stocks available than the SD STUDIOS ones.

I’m not planning on replacing anything unless I’m convinced it’s more screen accurate… and even then there was variety from rifle
To rifle…

Sadly not currently available, but had been made as a limited run by others** is what I had meant. Sorry for any confusion! :delta:

I'll let you know if I see/hear anything new. For now, what you have is the best that is readily available.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:36 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Thanks Moosh… I had hoped that we could have had some new vendors with pieces available…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:23 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
I really hope so too, as I currently don't have any smaller pieces yet

I think the reason why some are quietly working on options is they want to be sure of quality construction as well as timely service. I'm sure we will hear more soon :delta:

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:42 pm 
Marine Raider

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.92155E1
ilovethecorps wrote:

To rifle…

True about variety from rifle to rifle. I’m actually going to use a buddy of mines stock. If it fits my Thompson. He said it’s shitty work but I think it’s definitely better than SD studios. And btw it’s not shitty work if you read this. Shut yo mouth haha.

Excited to get the bits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:19 am 

Im on SD Studios mailing list. His last mailer said he has stocks and mag grips in stock....so take that for what its worth. There is also a fairly robust PR rifle builders group on FB. I hate to say it but buyer beware with todays world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:02 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

My GL END BLOCK, magazine based and stock are all SD STUDIOS and I’m very happy with them. I’ve be interested in seeing a comparison between what people feel is more accurate and an SD STUDIOS part as there seemed to be so much variety in the screen used PRs on set.

My main priority is to get a better barrel shroud. At the moment my 8 hole vent and end triangle are separate. I need to get an ‘all in one’…

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:56 pm 

ilovethecorps wrote:

To rifle…

Since you have aluminum shrouds, be careful how you set down your PR. Mine is all metal and heavy. I have bent my stock more than once, the weight, pulse angle of seting it down on the end of the stock, puts stress on the side cut outs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:46 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Yes indeed… I wouldn’t like to drop it… with the M870 and all metal parts, it’s a heavy beast…