The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:09 pm 

m imagining creating a package to sell, a small cardboard box screenprinted with uscm logo and a very accurate bottle of BB acrylic. a folding insert with all possible mixing instructions/codes for recreating it. Something that looks military issued. maybe throw in a sticker or stencil. I can do the printing and design. The instruction sheet can be made to look like old printer paper with the holes down the side.
could do a run of 50 or so cost effectively. could start with a large color matched batch and order empty bottles online, fill them, slap a sticker on em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:09 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
Sounds very cool

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject: Re: AMMO Paint British 1941-42 Service Drab A mig 111
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 am 

I'll see if I can get in touch with Alclad USA tomorrow, they are about 35 miles away from where I live. Must be somewhere they distribute the color to here. Hobbytown sells Alclad but not that color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.92142G1
As simon t says the alclad British brown bess is a great colour that is pretty close to the original humbrol.
I own an original tin of humbrol 170 which i have used to paint smaller props such as my belt tool and for the larger stuff i use alclad British brown bess and am more than happy with the colour match. Its not perfect but its close enough for me that im no longer going to search for anything better!

Attachment:
20200412_195528_copy_1134x2016.jpg
20200412_195528_copy_1134x2016.jpg [ 266.96 KiB | Viewed 113 times ]

Here is my belt tool painted in humbrol 170 and dropship helmet in alclad. Not the best two items to compare due to the size and shape difference but its a close match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:00 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
This is the review on AllClad 062 Brown Bess I posted here back in January. I didn't get results quite as spot-on as ya'll are finding. Maybe I just had more extreme lighting in the pics? All that said, I have happily used it on props since then, including for touch ups on previous custom blends that look pretty good. Def great in a pinch.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18594&hilit=alclad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm 

The Alclad II usa website sucks. I emailed the UK site though so we'll see. Apparently they are releasing soon in the UK the mil-spec range in a brushable format in a tin as well as the airbrush jars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 pm 

Had the same experience with the site, Jockey. If anyone in the states orders a lot I would throw in on the order.

Post subject: Re: AMMO Paint British 1941-42 Service Drab A mig 111
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:58 pm 

Well, Alclad got back to me and said they do have plans to sell Mil-Spec in the US soon. How soon is 'soon', I don't know.