The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:06 am 
Marine Raider

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.92155E1
I have two sets of BDU's one has the Raider patch the other does not. I think it will all just come down to the person and or event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:53 pm 
Dirty Bird

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.82154E1
I luv this so much and I agree with it sewn onto the cammies for out of armour. that's what we do in the service. like Seals where there trident as a patch. but then angain in armour I would say we have them painted on some spot, but yet again a lot of Teams don't wear there unit info on some gear like I don't recall ever seeing seals or EOD have it on the outside. But im digging this and might want to get one soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:49 am 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
Just to bring this round to the film and dropship crew.

The exact placement of Winged Victory is different on the crews jumpsuits.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:51 am 
Bacon Rapscallion

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.72136E1
Yellowjacket wrote:
Breach wrote:
Maybe a collar tab version? In addition to the larger patch?

That's an interesting idea right there. I could make a tiny version of the patch by isolating the skull within the diamond...

Would there be enough interest in doing the tiny diamond skull patch for the sleeve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:44 am 
Marine Raider

I would want 2 of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 am 
NZCM "Bug Stompers"

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.12144E1
I'm keen on that mustard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:48 pm 
Chernobyl

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.42157E1
I'd take one or two myself.

A05/TQ1.0.42157E1 SGM Gilbert, M "Chernobyl" - U.S.S. Blackhawk

Post subject: Re: Colonial Marine Raiders
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:51 am 
Veni, vidi, bibi cerevisia

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.52130E1
Here's a real quick workup of an alternate version of a smaller Raiders patch that incorporates a little more of the original design. I shared it with Yellowjacket to see what he thought and he liked it and said to post it to see what you guys thought. I didn't convert the background to black like he did with his, but it'll give you an idea of what it'd look like. Feel free to play around with it, but be aware that some of the angles are a little off as I was "eyeballing" it. :)

Attachment:
Raiders Patch.png
Raiders Patch.png [ 129.89 KiB | Viewed 10805 times ]

-scoff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:16 am 
Bacon Rapscallion

scoffman wrote:
Here's a real quick workup of an alternate version of a smaller Raiders patch that incorporates a little more of the original design. I shared it with Yellowjacket to see what he thought and he liked it and said to post it to see what you guys thought. I didn't convert the background to black like he did with his, but it'll give you an idea of what it'd look like. Feel free to play around with it, but be aware that some of the angles are a little off as I was "eyeballing" it. :)

Attachment:
Raiders Patch.png

-scoff

It's a great idea. I like this version, but I'll go with the majority on it. This patch would have no merrowed border. It would just be as you see it. It would still be small enough to go almost anywhere and with the added color it would be more dynamic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:24 am 
Marine Raider

scoffman wrote:

Attachment:
Raiders Patch.png

-scoff

I like this a lot!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:38 am 

Yellowjacket wrote:
scoffman wrote:

Attachment:
Raiders Patch.png

-scoff

It's a great idea. I like this version, but I'll go with the majority on it. This patch would have no merrowed border. It would just be as you see it. It would still be small enough to go almost anywhere and with the added color it would be more dynamic.

Thanks Bacta, I appreciate your vote of confidence too even if the consensus is to go with the original design! Just out of curiosity Yellowjacket, did your original idea/design also have no merrowed border either, or was that just because the image was on a black background, and the white diamond was the merrowed border?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:21 am 
Bacon Rapscallion

scoffman wrote:
Yellowjacket wrote:
scoffman wrote:

Attachment:
Raiders Patch.png

-scoff

Thanks Bacta, I appreciate your vote of confidence too even if the consensus is to go with the original design! Just out of curiosity Yellowjacket, did your original idea/design also have no merrowed border either, or was that just because the image was on a black background, and the white diamond was the merrowed border?

The first image at the start of this thread is the Emblem of the Marine Raiders. Think of it like the American Flag. On it's own, the flag has no border at all, but when it's displayed as a patch on uniforms the flag usually has a white or gold merrowed border. Likewise, the larger Raider patch has a merrowed border in white.

Now, of we were to pursue the small diamond with just the red background, it would make sense to do a merrowed edge, but once you add the outside blue and red, It's better to just crop it to the color with no merrow. Merrowed borders have to be a single color, and adding another color outside your proposed design would not look good. I strongly recommend what's called a 'hot-cut' edge with no merrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:04 am 
Bacon Rapscallion

How many Marine Raiders would be interested in a run of the 'scoffman' variant? See below. To cover a run, we'd need a few dozen people willing to pitch in for about $20 shipped within the U.S., for say...4 patches for anyone on the preorder. After the run, they'd be sold for more each, but I'd make up some new patch cards as added goodies. I can start an interest thread in the Base PX, but wanted to get a little discussion going first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:17 pm 
Hellooo Nurse!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.02153E1
Im down, I need at least one hat patch, per cammy option i use

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:33 pm 

I would def be interested, count me in!

"People complain about the bad things that happen to 'em that they dont deserve but they seldom mention the good. About what they done to deserve them things. I dont recall that i ever give the good Lord all that much cause to smile on me. But he did." - 'No Country For Old Men'.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:04 pm 

Yellowjacket wrote:
How many Marine Raiders would be interested in a run of the 'scoffman' variant? See below. To cover a run, we'd need a few dozen people willing to pitch in for about $20 shipped within the U.S., for say...4 patches for anyone on the preorder. After the run, they'd be sold for more each, but I'd make up some new patch cards as added goodies. I can start an interest thread in the Base PX, but wanted to get a little discussion going first.

Well, you'd know I'd be down for more than a few! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much interest in a MR patch of any design. <sigh>

Oh well, it was worth a go and I truly appreciate your endorsement of my design! It really meant a lot to me that you'd picked it over your own.

-scoff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:50 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

scoffman wrote:

Well, you'd know I'd be down for more than a few! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much interest in a MR patch of any design. <sigh>

Oh well, it was worth a go and I truly appreciate your endorsement of my design! It really meant a lot to me that you'd picked it over your own.

-scoff

It will happen. Even if I only get a little more interest here, I'll farm it out for interest among the Firefly/Browncoat community. When I did the Marine Raider patch, it was the Browncoats that supported the run enough to do it. They're very supportive of my work and I've done some 3 dozen designs for the expanded Firefly 'Verse. Plus, I really want to add this one, so I might just fund it when I get my tax return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:25 am 

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.82160E1
A little late but I would love a little raider patch for my hat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:05 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.92137G1
Any future runs, consider me in. These patch ideas are rad.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:23 pm 
Marine Raider

Aoshi1 wrote:

Join the Raiders for sure! For the patch contact Yellowjacket! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:53 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

I'm going to do a run of the hat badge in about a month. I may be doing the 'Operation Spearhead' patch as well, along with some expanded universe paperwork. If you're interested, drop me a private message and I'll keep you all in the loop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:10 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.92137G1
Bacta Baby wrote:
Aoshi1 wrote:

Join the Raiders for sure! For the patch contact Yellowjacket! :)

Already done, thank you! Cant wait to get this show on the road!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:39 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

An old friend of mine just bought an embroidery machine, so I'm looking into a few custom bags and hats for the Marine Raiders. IF you have ideas for style, please let me know. For hats, I'll likely use the smaller hat badge diamond emblem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:56 pm 

Saw this image online and kinda gave me an idea for a patch, not sure it makes total sense - but an "Aliens" style head wrapped around a planet... Or maybe a Facehugger?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:23 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

Thanks, I have three different ideas of that suggestion alone. I'll start mocking something up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next