The Aliens Legacy
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/

Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3636
Page 107 of 107

Author:  XenoLlama [ Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread

Lifer wrote:
XenoLlama wrote:
Just started it back up after a while on the PS3. I had the hankering to hear the pulse rifles sing. Still trying to get all the multiplayer challenges done. Anyone else shoot the eggs religiously, even when they're already open?
Never leave an egg unpopped.

As for the multiplayer challenges, I'm playing regularly but haven't been able to connect with anyone online.


Really? If you're on PSN shoot me a message sometime. I'll help with what I can.

PSN: LlamaTheGreat

Author:  Lifer [ Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread

XenoLlama wrote:
Really? If you're on PSN shoot me a message sometime. I'll help with what I can.

PSN: LlamaTheGreat
I'm on the PC version, I'm afraid. :|

Author:  CheifProfanity [ Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anyone know if its gonna be backwards compatible on the Xbox one Any time soon?

Author:  Drago Seron [ Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Soon I hope.

Author:  Magnus [ Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread

I wonder if Covenant does well in theaters, if they will make another game similar to Alien Isolation.

Author:  88reaper88 [ Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread

Magnus wrote:
I wonder if Covenant does well in theaters, if they will make another game similar to Alien Isolation.


If they do, they HAVE to team up with the guys that made Resisdent Evil 7.
That game would be totally brown-pants!

Author:  Baisemontchou [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've read a few posts, but 107 pages is a bit daunting! So disappointed with ACM, never been so angry with a game. Played for about 30 minutes, took it out of my XBOX and threw it roughly to the floor. I then picked it up and threw it roughly to the floor again. It's sitting on a shelf and until I hear that Randy Pitchford has been nuked from orbit I will never look at it again. Saying that I couldn't play it now anyway until it's made compatible with XBOX One.

Alien Isolation on the other hand.... biggest :D possible.

Author:  bladerunner [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread

Actually JUST picked this game up after all these years. I was going to pick it up back when it came out, but all the negativity and hate turned me away.

Recently got the urge to finally try it so I picked up a used copy at the local game store for $6.

Only played the campaign (MP seems dead), but overall its fine. The shooting mechanics are a little clunky and seem imprecise. Fighting the xenos is fun, but the Weyland-Yutani guys have terrible AI and are boring. Also some of the set piece fights, like against the big xeno at the end of the Raven level, are very janky.

The portions in Hadley's Hope where you setup defensive perimeters and rely heavily on your motion tracker are excellent. Also the sound design is spot on.

All in all, I got my $6 worth. I can see how at release time folks might have been disappointed. Going in, I knew this was an old game so the graphics were to be expected.

Author:  cecarroll0519 [ Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread

bladerunner wrote:
Actually JUST picked this game up after all these years. I was going to pick it up back when it came out, but all the negativity and hate turned me away.

Recently got the urge to finally try it so I picked up a used copy at the local game store for $6.

Only played the campaign (MP seems dead), but overall its fine. The shooting mechanics are a little clunky and seem imprecise. Fighting the xenos is fun, but the Weyland-Yutani guys have terrible AI and are boring. Also some of the set piece fights, like against the big xeno at the end of the Raven level, are very janky.

The portions in Hadley's Hope where you setup defensive perimeters and rely heavily on your motion tracker are excellent. Also the sound design is spot on.

All in all, I got my $6 worth. I can see how at release time folks might have been disappointed. Going in, I knew this was an old game so the graphics were to be expected.



I too picked it up recently. It keeps me occupied. Im not a big video gamer. Its good though.

Author:  CheifProfanity [ Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

If you can get onto the multiplayer maps its a great excuse to just explore Hadley's Hope!

Author:  JediFraz [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Almost unrelated, but not quite..:) Does anyone have a ripped copy of the PC game assets? In particular, I'm looking for the sentry gun 3d mesh.

Author:  JockThePilot [ Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

PSA that this game is on sale on Steam for about $6 AND that Templar GFX recently released V5 of his overhaul mod. If you play on PC it could be a good excuse to check it out.

I got the game again last night, after swearing I'd never touch it after I purchased it for XBOX360 at a midnight launch only to come home and find it was not what it said on the tin. The Templar GFX mod does fix a lot of stuff, and the Bughunt mode is a lot of fun. Worth a $6 investment in my opinion.

Author:  PVB [ Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

JediFraz wrote:
Almost unrelated, but not quite..:) Does anyone have a ripped copy of the PC game assets? In particular, I'm looking for the sentry gun 3d mesh.

You can find it on several 3D mesh sites, such as this one:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... al-Marines

Attachments:
D358003F-949A-47F4-94D2-BBCB6E4956D9.jpeg
D358003F-949A-47F4-94D2-BBCB6E4956D9.jpeg [ 75.32 KiB | Viewed 397 times ]

Page 107 of 107 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/