The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Aliens: Fireteam PvE Shooter for PC, PlayStation & XBox
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
This summer.
https://www.ign.com/articles/aliens-fireteam-announced-for-pc-playstation-and-xbox

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:49 pm 
GarageGeek

one day, one day they will get the armor and weapons right.not today apparently.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
seven wrote:
one day, one day they will get the armor and weapons right.not today apparently.

Yeah, when I saw the '30 years later' bit, I was thinking they would try to get fancy and "improve" things the way people like to do...

All the same, I'll buy it. Even if it sucks. Gotta support the cause especially when they give the marine's love. Man I hope it doesn't suck tho...

Post subject: Re: Aliens: Fireteam PvE Shooter for PC, PlayStation & XBox
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Gotta have different stuff so you can charge outrageous prices on figures, replicas and repaints!

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Last edited by gman666 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:45 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.52161G1
The environment looks right to me but I agree. I think they should stick with the classic look. That was my main problem with AvP 2010; It's a good game, but the gear is just off!

Equipment looks good but a bit weird to me. I'll give it a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:37 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
I will definitely pre-order. I suspect that this may have tie ins to the TV show coming out later this year, if that is not cancelled like oh so many other things.

Universe wise I suspect this will take place during the xenomorph infestation of earth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:53 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Attachment:
Screenshot_20210302-120914_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210302-120914_YouTube.jpg [ 747.51 KiB | Viewed 2977 times ]

W-Y combat synths...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:39 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
my expectations are low, but the horde mode in ACM was quite fun and if this game is like that, i'll be entertained.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:48 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZco0Da52K0

First impressions of a mission.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:49 pm 

Looks ok, nothing ground breaking but could be fun.
But that Smartgun is really giving me a nervous tick. If you're going to call it a smartgun, have it work like a smartgun, then why not model the M56 smartgun we all recognise?? :?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:45 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
I'm going to assume that they will deal with optional cosmetic upgrades to the characters (aka "Skins")? That orange pulse rifle indicates some level of customization will factor in.

If they allow you to change cosmetics, perhaps some of the 'classic' stuff will be available later. Making classic gear and character 'skins' as add-ons are a good way to milk us for every penny. All the major shooters are doing it...

(sorry if that was already discussed in the video. I only watch a few minutes of it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:10 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
There's a LOT to go over in that video. Obviously for people like us, it's not at all "accurate" but again, it's main market is people with only general knowledge of the films. A lot of artistic liberties taken in the name of "variation".

Gameplay-wise I definitely have a few nit-picks. Not liking some of the things we've been shown so far. Was really hoping that some of these would be a thing of the past left in A:CM, but looks like they are back. Boilers/Bursters and Spitters, long attack animations, green effects of acid, but no repercussions aside from "damage" (not even camera shake, loud screams or staggering). Bodies that disappear quickly after death (granted not as quick as A:CM), the "always on" Motion Tracker. Micro-sized sentries, the fact that they phase back in on your character's back when they've recharged. Character models are pretty weird. Alien models look good (Warrior especially) but the behavior is anything but "smart". 12 levels across 4 campaigns (likely each campaign will be 3 levels each) doesn't leave much for replayability aside from the "mutators" to make it tougher. Sounds like it can be completed in short order.

My impression is this will be a subpar title, likely as good as Predator Hunting Grounds, but not better. It will probably be a $40-$50 game at launch and get discounted by holiday. I will get it, obviously, but my expectations remain low.

IGN will be showing more throughout the month too.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:30 pm 

I think the AI definitely needs some work. If I recall it is in alpha state so the game could see improvement. I think it has a good base to be built upon, just needs that AI to be fleshed out and to use the walls and ceilings more. From what I saw in the gameplay the ranged xenos weren't all that common but we'll have to see.

They for sure need to do more missions. I recall hearing that there are 3 missions for each campaign and a campaign could last a little over an hour. I don't know about replayability but that needs to be taken into account if they have around 4 hours of missions.

It could definitely use more time I think to polish stuff and add more missions. I'm hoping they do come out with an original equipment DLC or something. I'd have to get it. Gotta get used to the modern futuristic equipment I suppose. The environment looks great, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:15 pm 
GarageGeek

Rant warning. :D

Moosh nailed it. I do hold onto hope that they will offer "classic" skins, AKA the F^%$#@# only correct USCM equipment.
I feel strongly that if this forum made a list of bullet points for them to take note of, the game would sell better even if the gameplay is repetitive or basic. Id play it every single day if I could say " dude they even got the radio pouch under the lobster plate" We have never been able to play a game where we feel like the same colonial marines from the movie. Aside from maybe "Alien Trilogy". Is there any conceivable way for this forum to reach out to developers in any useful way, so that someday we will get a cool videogame that has all of our stamp of approval? Just imagine if every bit of information on this forum was used in a game. everyone who likes ALIENS would be curious about it.They didnt even show off a real M41A. You'd think someone like Bapty or Matsuo would have had a phone call. If they had dropped by here and said hello, we'd be looking at different game footage and cheering.Remember the Ghostbusters videogame with the original cast those guys put the effort in.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:42 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
seven wrote:
Rant warning. :D

Moosh nailed it. I do hold onto hope that they will offer "classic" skins, AKA the F^%$#@# only correct USCM equipment.
I feel strongly that if this forum made a list of bullet points for them to take note of, the game would sell better even if the gameplay is repetitive or basic. Id play it every single day if I could say " dude they even got the radio pouch under the lobster plate" We have never been able to play a game where we feel like the same colonial marines from the movie. Aside from maybe "Alien Trilogy". Is there any conceivable way for this forum to reach out to developers in any useful way, so that someday we will get a cool videogame that has all of our stamp of approval? Just imagine if every bit of information on this forum was used in a game. everyone who likes ALIENS would be curious about it.They didnt even show off a real M41A. You'd think someone like Bapty or Matsuo would have had a phone call. If they had dropped by here and said hello, we'd be looking at different game footage and cheering.Remember the Ghostbusters videogame with the original cast those guys put the effort in.

Meanwhile I've literally been planning this exact level of detail and attention for the last 8 years since I beat A:CM and was mostly disappointed in the final product. All my research has mainly stemmed from this dream vision lol. Unfortunately I'm not a game developer, I'm a gamer. While I have solid mechanics and gameplay ideas nailed down, I have no development experience and "ideas are like assholes, everyone has them" falls into play here. If only I could show a dedicated team what I have for research I've collated...

Funny story, 2 years ago, Cold Iron was looking for help for developing this game. I wrote them and told them I literally have everything they needed to make a great Aliens game. They left me on <read> lol!

Last year 3D Realms and Cliff Blezinski both talked about Aliens games they were working on but got lost in the Disney merge/cancelled. I reached out to them to compare notes but no response from either as well...

It's super frustrating lol

As for movie skins, Jenette Goldstein was recording voice lines in her bedroom a few months back for "something", so I'd assume we will be having movie characters make an appearance

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:54 am 

I think they have a comic tie in so I think the design was settled on. The gear is really strange. I don't know where they got the glowing lights or any of the weird design but I think it has to share the design with the comic. Who knows, maybe they'll open up suggestions in their social servers and stuff. If only they would look at those resources and get it super accurate!