The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Aliens:Bug Hunt Card Game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 pm 

Looks interesting

Couldn't really find it advertised anywhere in detail yet but this shows the box art
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ude93965.html

and there is a full play through on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/696305585

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
I bought one. I will get a review and more pictures once I use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:48 am 

Will be interested to hear what you think.
I've been trying to buy a set in the UK for 3 weeks but no sign of it at all so I've pre-ordered the Gale Force 9 game instead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:04 pm 

It looks like a good game. It does appear to require four players. It says play time is about 60 minutes. I think a 1 minute unboxing video would be appropriate for this item. I will post once I get that. I am trying to set back some money to get a good digital camera that is on the low end of production grade equipment so until then my iPhone is the recorder...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:52 am 
GarageGeek

Hey Joker I snagged a Gopro Hero 4 silver with lots of extras for $70.
Doesn't have focus or good low-light or depth of field adjust but its great all around. Can do narrow FOV or wide. 4K at 30fps
down to 120 FPS at 720.
The audio is great as is, but can use a mic with the usb adapter. Nothing like a quality DSLR but its very handy and thingiverse has a million mounts and accessories. Plus its tiny and the SILVER version has a touch screen monitor on the back. For youtube video this thing kills it. Not exactly production grade, but extremely handy.

knoxvilles_joker wrote:
It looks like a good game. It does appear to require four players. It says play time is about 60 minutes. I think a 1 minute unboxing video would be appropriate for this item. I will post once I get that. I am trying to set back some money to get a good digital camera that is on the low end of production grade equipment so until then my iPhone is the recorder...

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:29 am 

seven wrote:
Hey Joker I snagged a Gopro Hero 4 silver with lots of extras for $70.
Doesn't have focus or good low-light or depth of field adjust but its great all around. Can do narrow FOV or wide. 4K at 30fps
down to 120 FPS at 720.
The audio is great as is, but can use a mic with the usb adapter. Nothing like a quality DSLR but its very handy and thingiverse has a million mounts and accessories. Plus its tiny and the SILVER version has a touch screen monitor on the back. For youtube video this thing kills it. Not exactly production grade, but extremely handy.

knoxvilles_joker wrote:

Sorry but I need the expensive camera as it is getting used for multiple things and has dual sdcards for recording, instant backup. The go pro file sizes are too large to use on anything but a purely high speed internet connection which I do not have. The problem with living in the country is that such speeds are not possible nor does the area have substantial backbone build outs as of yet.