The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Aliens Online
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:02 am 

Anyone remember this game from the late 90s? I played it in closed and then open beta testing it was online only FPS as Marine or Alien with various maps like a copy of LV426 called LV426B a few others like a mining facility and a ship I know there were a few others and they added a couple new maps after I stopped playing and from what I understand the game never made it out of open beta testing before it got shut down. I read there are mods to get the game to work offline was wondering if anyone has played this off or on line back in the day. I played as Wierzbowski as a marine and Xenomorph as an alien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:00 pm 
BOHICA

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.82134E1
never knew it existed.

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

Post subject: Re: Aliens Online
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:27 am 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
More about it here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1154332

Quote:
Aliens Online was a game based on the movie Aliens. It was available on the Gamestorm gaming service and was developed by Mythic Entertainment (the same people that now have a very successful product called Dark Age Of Camelot). For $9.95 a month you got unlimited play and persistent characters, plus you could play all the other games that Gamestorm provided. The original press release can be found here: http://www.mythicgames.com/alienspr.html

While Aliens Online never made it out of the beta stage, had Doom-style graphics, was very buggy, was hosted on a laggy ISP and had terrible support, most people still joined Gamestorm just to play it. And when AO shut down, many people wrote many petitions to bring it back, even in its current buggy state. Even a year later we started to petition again......

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 pm 
BOHICA

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.82134E1
cool, never knew.

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.