The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: The Last of Us, Thoughts? thread ended, please delete, thank
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:33 pm 
BOHICA

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.82134E1
It's not got Aliens, but it does have some freaky beasties.

Any thoughts on the game? The storyline? characters? Is Joel right? Are the Fireflies the saviours of humanity? Does Ellie believe him?

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

Last edited by Axeman on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Last of Us, Thoughts? *possible spoilers so be wary*
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:25 am 
Is this game good? A friend of mine is raving about it...how is the campaign and multiplayer?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:49 pm 

I've only done the single player so can't comment on the on-line side of things. But to be honest I was a little disappointed.

After playing Borderlands 2 and Skyrim for the last few months it was bit of a shock playing something that was so linear. I was hoping I'd get to make at least some decisions but the story is set and you will drive this car/ shoot this man / get captured etc.

Another issue I had was with the equipment you can carry. Obviously you can only carry a finite amount of equipment but being only able to carry thirteen rounds for my pistole but then being able to pick up a brick just didn't hold water with me. I think they should of had some form of carry capacity where you decide what to carry and what to leave no arbitrary limits.

That said I enjoyed the graphics, story, interactions etc but it really could have been so much more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:22 pm 
BOHICA

Magnus wrote:
Is this game good? A friend of mine is raving about it...how is the campaign and multiplayer?

I enjoyed it. The story was superior to the standard 'kill everything in front of you until you trigger the next wve' games that are out nowadays

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:26 pm 
BOHICA

Osmotic wrote:
I've only done the single player so can't comment on the on-line side of things. But to be honest I was a little disappointed.

After playing Borderlands 2 and Skyrim for the last few months it was bit of a shock playing something that was so linear. I was hoping I'd get to make at least some decisions but the story is set and you will drive this car/ shoot this man / get captured etc.

Another issue I had was with the equipment you can carry. Obviously you can only carry a finite amount of equipment but being only able to carry thirteen rounds for my pistole but then being able to pick up a brick just didn't hold water with me. I think they should of had some form of carry capacity where you decide what to carry and what to leave no arbitrary limits.

That said I enjoyed the graphics, story, interactions etc but it really could have been so much more.

I agree it was too linear, but I really liked the limit placed on ammo. And looking around here I can see way more bricks than I can bullets, even arrows only got 12 for my pistol crossbow, and about the same for my longbow. So for me, it was good to have to think as to how to evade some of the groups. You can get trhough a few levels without out killing or even shooting anything. Which I really enjoyed. If it had been open world like red dead then it would have been absolutely awesome. I only played it on a borrowed disc, so can't try the online multiplayer. But I did finish it on 'survivor' mode:)

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:03 pm 

I don't mind the idea of limited ammo (that makes the game fun and challenging) but to have ammo in front of you but you can't pick up however you can pick up the brick next to it annoyed me.

I guess it's the logic argument, I can physically pick up and carry one thing but not the other (smaller lighter one )?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:58 pm 
BOHICA

Osmotic wrote:
I don't mind the idea of limited ammo (that makes the game fun and challenging) but to have ammo in front of you but you can't pick up however you can pick up the brick next to it annoyed me.

I guess it's the logic argument, I can physically pick up and carry one thing but not the other (smaller lighter one )?

Ah ok. I get you, yes, I agree

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:32 pm 
I played it...LOVED the campaign...didn't like multiplayer at all.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:59 pm 
BOHICA

Magnus wrote:
I played it...LOVED the campaign...didn't like multiplayer at all.

Still not tried online, poor jobbing actor that I am hahaha, but interesting , why didn't you like it?

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.