The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
rodent wrote:
not true atal ...its alive and very much kicking on xbox 360 .literally just came off a three hour sesh before my night duty.epic game of bug hunt on hardened with 3 players and did all rounds.had loads of games on deathmatch but guess what? no new maps were played.also ripleys pulse rifle is quite literally the best back up weapon ever.....WORD.

At all. :wink:

Not been able to get any multiplayer action in months, so maybe I'm looking at the wrong times?

Edit: Just tried searching for a public match in each type of game; not one other player online.

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:23 am 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Didn't you read Steve? It's a WORD worthy fact!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:27 am 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
88reaper88 wrote:
Didn't you read Steve? It's a WORD worthy fact!

:like:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 am 

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.82144E1
well ive got no probs getting on. WORD!!!! LOL LOL LOL

life is for the living.....take it and run people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:53 am 

infact im on now....just thought i'd go on here and see whats on.And yes it would seem it is a word worthy fact as ripleys pulsey holds more rounds than the mark 2s in the game.Lets get back to the dlc comments and not who put in word here or there.Its counterproductive.
I hope the next dlc isnt just some more maps with a movie spin. That last stand bit that they showed at e3 would be good for bug hunt.so many credits and you can man a loader etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 pm 

oh no its more single player cack.the whole hicks thing was just dumb.i sense corridor blasting boredom ahoy.why do they do this? they cant fix the single player.....it was dead on arrival.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:56 pm 
Rip Steakface

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.42152G1
I prefer the campaign to the multiplayer. But then I also care more about story than simple deathmatch rankings.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:34 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Shock Wave wrote:
I prefer the campaign to the multiplayer. But then I also care more about story than simple deathmatch rankings.

Agreed. The extra campaign is what I have been waiting months for. Maybe I am hoping for too much, but part of me hopes this thing ties up the loose ends to the story (there were many, I admit) and brings salvation!

I havent been tempted to do the multiplayer stuff in a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:35 am 

i'll still be getting it because i too hope it ties up some loose ends. i too am getting fed up of deathmatch but love that feeling of being followed and hearing a hiss, turning around and spraying wildly lol. bug hunt continues to play out differently all the time and colonial online i think has become my cod modern warfare 1.I bought the collectors edition which i never regretted...not once.Bought in feb and im still playing it now....thats almost 5 months of regular play. Other higher ranked games that i bought like bioshock infinite only got a week out of me.Love it

Post subject: Re: A:CM | Petition for more content
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:52 pm 
Jigoku e masshigura

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.32122E1
I'm looking forward to some closure to the story in the new campaign dlc. Hope they surprise us with something satisfying that overcomes the abrupt ending of the story on release. There were lots of locked doors encountered that I suspected were part of some later dlc mission levels... guess we'll find out very soon. :mrgreen:

What I really wish they'd release is a few more bug hunt maps... that has been the most attractive and addictive mode of the game for me. Bug Hunt managed to deliver the gaming experience I was hoping for with A:CM. Playing the different maps and working as a team with friends on ultimate badass level lately has been a total blast. Some new maps would definitely provide many more hours of fun, cause as complex as the three existing maps are, eventually they're likely to get a bit worn out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:37 am 

more bug hunt would be a dream.mercenary and broadside dont test me anymore on badass.the hadleys hope level does a bit when your trying to get back in to the main complex from outside (the around the back bit) especially when you get fragged and you buy yourself back in.this mode is epic and deserves more. Oh and for the people that keep moving the sentry turrets....STOP NOW!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 am 
Jigoku e masshigura

That's why playing with friends who work together as a team make bug hunt the best possible multiplayer experience. I've played public matches where some people know what they're doing, and some where people haven't got a clue, which usually spells disaster. Moving the robot sentries around after they've been placed in strategic positions without alerting or coordinating with teammates often leads to a good ass whuppin' by the enemy, especially on ultimate badass. Public matches are okay for casual fun, but private matches with friends have been the most enjoyable for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.65181E6
Stop moving the sentry turrets? Are you insane? :)

That's the only way to survive the later levels. Two of us had 3 turrets running... until we got attacked from an uncovered
vent hole and the bugs poured out in force. :)

We hauled those bloody turrets ALL over the map. :D

http://www.rookscastle.com
http://www.alchemyarms.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:06 pm 

i mean like you place em in a strategic area and then in the middle of a round someone runs off with one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 pm 

calling all.....NO SPOILERS

played 2 hours last night of the final piece of single player dlc.seen through the eyes of three new characters although ive only played 2 thus far.for a moment i thought it was going survival horror as in hiding in lockers and almost running out of ammo but no its more mindless garbage for offline and remindes me of doom with a motion tracker.the code is poor as the game suffers from poor jerky frame rate.cant see anything new thats going to happen.ties up loose ends???? well we are subjected to how hicks was never in his pod when it was ejected from the sulaco after aliens and who was the body in the pod.cant see this improving above just average. I'll stick to online and i forsee the game dying reasonably soon. this is not what i wanted.The fact of the matter is you come for the single player and stay for the online experience....that is the rule of thumb these days.single player is dying out as we know it.the future is episodic dlc only.bug hunt deserves more.
i want the e3 section.even if its only on rails.that had more character than all the single player currently available in cm.the first five minutes of watching that video you warmed to your character as after a drop ship crashes you are asked how many fingers am i holding by another marine. you extend your hand and swear with the middle finger. immediately you care about the people around you.

Last edited by rodent on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:48 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Nice SPOILER dipshit!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
I saw how long that last entry was I purposefully didnt read it for fear of spoilers. Still havent read it to find out just how 'bad' it was, but for the next person who wants to discuss the events of the DLC please begin a NEW thread that specifically states "WITH SPOILERS" to avoid any chance of spoiler slippage (On purpose or accidental. Actual or perceived.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 pm 
Dirty Bird

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.82154E1
im likeing what i have played so far the Xeno's are a bit smarter it seems. but im half way thru it so far and cant wait to get home to finish it tonight. and alot of things are making sense but others are like WTF. that is all i will say.i would like to see anohter add on for MP tho but i dont think it will happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 pm 

thanks for being so rude reaper.there are no spoilers and i would not of written it if there were.presume that being on this site you know that in the game hicks is alive.using that tit bit of information you can reaper understand that someone else [not mentioned above in my post] takes his place.the whys and hows are explained....but not my me.the dlc is ok and average at best.try to be less angry next time and do us all a favor ok bud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:42 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

You're welcome.

#Hicks may have been in the pod when it crashed, survived and WY picked him up, replacing him with a random corpse before the prisoners found the pod .

#Hicks may have only been in mild stasis to aid his recovery, he awakes just as WY enter the Sulaco.

#Predators may have entered the Sulaco ahead of WY Hicks is woken being the only remaining military personel, he fights with WY against the Preds until WY turn on him. Another injured soldier is placed in stasis. During the battle a stray plasma caster round caused the pod to jetison.

There are LOTS of potential reasons behind Hicks being alive, do not assume everyone thinks like you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:17 pm 
Jigoku e masshigura

Russ Krook III wrote:
Stop moving the sentry turrets? Are you insane? :)

That's the only way to survive the later levels. Two of us had 3 turrets running... until we got attacked from an uncovered
vent hole and the bugs poured out in force. :)

We hauled those bloody turrets ALL over the map. :D

Uh-huh... You know what I mean! :wink:

Btw, what the hell is a portable "turret" anyway? The APC has a gun turret mounted on on it, but I never knew there was a portable one... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 pm 

never suggested for one minute everyone thinks like me.I gave nothing away in my previous extract....have you read it properly? I think your just being flippant but ok.this is colonial marines and under the licence of aliens 1 ,2 and 3 there are no predators in this universe as thats a seperate franchise.weyland getting to the pod before the prisoners sounds interesting but in aliens 3 you have to go with the fact weyland didnt even know about the incident untill the prision warden called it in.spose it could work...sort of.hicks being woken is also interesting but doubtful as ripley would have been first .in cm single player hicks actually has a chat with another marine nearing the end stating he was not in the pod so if he agreed to that then maybe.... MAYBE he was never in the f ing pod.why are we even speculating as that time has passed and the dlc is here? This is a thread about the dlc and I GAVE F ALL AWAY!!!!
You are a rude little man and clearly cant remember the single player game but it has been 4 months since most people played it so i will let you off lol lol lol lol lol lol

Cant see who wrote portable turret but come on even reaper with his anger issues should be able to tell that a turret in the cm game is obviously the sentry turret as there are no other playable turrets in there.

????cant we just play nice????these broadsides are funny and all but come on pppllleeeaaassssss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:52 am 

NO SPOILERS

Completed it.may of been a bit hasty.dlc was some what enjoyable and the occasional flashes from other aliens films both flashbacks and in game were inspired.again i can find alot that would be awesome for bug hunt level. The whole experience just about brings it out of the trenches and almost over the top. Its quite lengthy and in places atmospheric. In fact its more atmospheric than the original game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:31 am 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
Weyland did not know?. Andrews calling it in was obviously procedure, he also does not know what Weyland knew or did not know and nor do you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 am 

nice thought we finished with this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next