The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Why does nobody seem te remember Star Wars Republic Commando
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:02 am 
Tucker did it

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.72164G1
Just wondering has anyone here played Star Wars Republic Commando/ my favorite Star Wars game ever of all time? I noticed that nobody on the Internet seems to talk about that game. I always thought that it seemed like Brothers in arms for Star Wars, with its squad lead mechanics to its decent array of weapons. I know if they remake that game at least I would buy it, multiplayer had some good times, like squishing myself with the elevator on the republic ship map that's a multiplayer version part of the second act I think. If you like Star Wars and fps games you should check this game out if you can find it.

Caboose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 am 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
I only had the demo but I loved it!!

To me; the perfect star wars game (ground troops wise, Rogue Squadron is still my favourite)

Post subject: Re: Why does nobody seem te remember Star Wars Republic Comm
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:37 pm 
I LOVED that game! Story was excellent, gameplay solid. Agree...brothers in arms for Star Wars...would love a sequel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:46 pm 
MODEL 120-A2

Service Number: A04/TQ0.0.72178E5
There will never be a sequel. Well, maybe not never, but you have better odds successfully navigating an asteroid field. Karen Traviss has washed her hands of the series, the Clone Wars TV show retconned the whole deal, and there is not enough generated interest to warrant a new video game. I can't believe they never did BattleFront III.

Charlie

"There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. On penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:10 pm 
Really an OK guy

Never played Republic Commando, fond memories of Battlefront and Battlefront 2.

IIRC wasn't Battlefront 3 almost finished when it got shelved? In the current FPS trend I think it would do great.

I miss stomping toward the enemy in an AT-AT.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:36 am 
Tucker did it

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.72164G1
companyman wrote:

IIRC wasn't Battlefront 3 almost finished when it got shelved? In the current FPS trend I think it would do great.

They need to finish Battlefront 3. If they want me to buy a Star Wars game it will have to be a new Battlefront or republic commando 2. And hopefully a Death troopers mode were you can play as a wookie and tear the undead into bloody ribbons ... Or just tear the arms of as CQC special.

Battlefront 1 found me playing as a clone flying gunships on Geonosis carrying troops from control point to control point, 2nd found me as the infantry with my rifle, ther were many like but that one was mine. I prefer to be the "eye in the sky" rather than being the guy in the walker.

Caboose

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:37 pm 

DELTA 38 wrote:
companyman wrote:

They need to finish Battlefront 3. If they want me to buy a Star Wars game it will have to be a new Battlefront or republic commando 2. And hopefully a Death troopers mode were you can play as a wookie and tear the undead into bloody ribbons ... Or just tear the arms of as CQC special.

Battlefront 1 found me playing as a clone flying gunships on Geonosis carrying troops from control point to control point, 2nd found me as the infantry with my rifle, ther were many like but that one was mine. I prefer to be the "eye in the sky" rather than being the guy in the walker.

Caboose

EA has the exclusive Star Wars license. Who knows what they'll do for sure at this point other than maybe do a new KotOR game.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:54 pm 
Really an OK guy

EA can do great things, I enjoyed the old Medal of Honors though not played the modern-set ones.

Star Wars deserves good games many have been disappointing, if not downright awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 pm 
BOHICA

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.82134E1
The modern set medal of honours are , to be honest, a bit naff:( The WW2 were much better.

I borrowed an X-Box to play Republic Commando. I really enjoyed it. Much better than Battlefront I thought, though I never played Battlefront 2

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:25 pm 
Really an OK guy

Battlefront 2 actually had you get into space fighters and, well, fight in space! The first one, you were basically ground-attack aircraft, and slow ones at that. Even on Bespin, it was a pretty cramped air environment.

If stuck on the surface, should have been using airspeeders at best, but then again, people would have complained you couldn't fly x-wings and TIE fighters.

I still miss it though, and would love to see a modern version.

Massive multi-player combats like Battlefield using Rebels, Stormtroopers, walkers, and combat speeders? Who wouldn't want that, if it was done well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:20 pm 
BOHICA

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.82134E1
oh? that could be funky:)

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:22 am 
Really an OK guy

Well, turns out EA has announced Star Wars Battlefront 3 at E3 - apparently using the Battlefield engine!

Patience can be rewarded after all! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
But it's EA

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:57 pm 
Unfit For Human Consumption

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.52150E1
nocternus wrote:
But it's EA

Agreed :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 pm 
Really an OK guy

EA CAN turn out good games - though I admit not been many in the last few years (the Dead Space franchise only EA games I've played on the PS3). Perhaps licencing Star Wars will wean them off their SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS obsession?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:19 pm 
Wild Brew

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.72140G1
Remember it? I loved it. The third costume in my que is a Republic Commando for the 501st.

"If you are going to die, die with a real weapon. Not a little sissy gun like that. "

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:35 pm 

I played that game and OMG that is definitely the best ever Star Wars game I have ever played. I still have it now on original Xbox and it still makes me happy and amazed every time I play it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:56 am 

I remember it well........sunk many hours into that game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:13 am 
First to Die.

Service Number: A10/TQ2.0.72155E1
One of the best Star Wars games after X-Wing. Definatley wish they'd made a sequel to go up to Order 66 and beyond.