The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Homeworld RTS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 pm 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
Any fans of the late-90s Homeworld games here?

My cousin was big into it, but it was during my 10 year break from videogaming ... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.52155G1
Many hours wasted on that!

Well.. no, they were not wasted... ;)

I think I've actually got a copy of that somewhere when it was re-released as game of the year edition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:08 am 
MODEL 120-A2

Service Number: A04/TQ0.0.72178E5
Loved 1 and 2. Lost my copies during a move. Wish I still had them. Soundtrack was amazing.

Charlie

"There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. On penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money."

Post subject: Re: Homeworld RTS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/gearbox-pic ... ip-6407351

Quote:
Gearbox Software has acquired the Homeworld franchise, the Borderlands and Aliens: Colonial Marines developer announced today.
The Plano, Texas company prevailed as the top bidder for the series during a recent THQ bankruptcy auction for remaining unsold franchises.

Terms of the deal were not specified and a Gearbox Software representative was not immediately available to comment.
Gearbox outbid TeamPixel, which announced last week that a mystery party had offered more cash than it could for the series.

Writing in the Gearbox Software forums, community manager Chris Faylor explained that chief creative officer Brian Martel "personally spearheaded the acquisition."
He reportedly has a "great deal of love and respect" for Relic's original Homeworld and Homeworld 2.

No new Homeworld games were announced today, but Gearbox said whatever it makes in the future will preserve the "purest form" of the original games while also making them accessible on today's digital platforms.

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

Post subject: Re: Homeworld RTS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:27 pm 

I thoroughly enjoyed HW1, 2, and even liked Cataclysm. It made me feel very very sad and disappointed when I heard that Gearbox had the winning bid for the franchise. :(