The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: YER USELESS! STOP PLAYING!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:34 pm 
Really an OK guy

Dear self-proclaimed gaming god,

Thank-you for sending me your kind message to indicate my lack of gaming skills. I obviously value the skills of someone like you. Someone who is so good at the game he feels that finishing the game on Hardened or Ultimate Badass is beneath him.

I greatly appreciate someone who hasn't found all the collectables or finished a single challenge category, who haven't stopped the xenos getting across the Sulaco barricade, defeated the Raven under 1:10, rescued someone from a lurker, or revived a partner, sharing their gaming wisdom with me.

The way you stand on top of the fence, thinking yourself invincible while daring spitters and boilers to do their worst is surely an inspiration to us all, and we can only hope to learn more from your example.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Not Giving a FRAK About Your Opinion and putting you instantly on my block-list!

OK, so what is it about some of these online gamers, who feel that FUN is secondary to CRUSHING THEIR ENEMIES AT ALL COSTS!

I guess it's once again being Anonymous Online that makes people like this in games. I can't honestly see someone playing Scrabble and when someone puts down a word that doesn't score very highly, standing up, pointing at them and shouting "Ha! You Suck!". Has anyone Ragequit a game of Cluedo (Clue for my American cousins) or Monopoly?

My own opinion on games is, I play for fun, for myself. If I get one kill, or 32 kills, it don't matter as long as the game's enjoyable. I'm also a team-player, so will sometimes distract marines, giving up my own life to give that boiler an opening to exploit. Don't usually get on the top of the leader board, but that's not really a problem is it?

Anyways, my take on it is, is some young teenager thinks they can shout down the mic or send messages to vent their frustration at a game, well they're gonna work themselves up to a heart-attack, not me!

:D

Post subject: Re: YER USELESS! STOP PLAYING!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:03 pm 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

ha ha lolz u n00bz u sux0rz!

This is why I generally don't play online games. The notion to find where said children live and return the favour in person is FAR too tempting!!

companyman wrote:
Has anyone Ragequit a game of Monopoly?

Err... yes, I have.
I rarely make it three times around the board before most of my friends take all my money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:33 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.72144E1
I could share with you the one word epithet that was sent to me after a game of COD apropos of either
1. a lack of gaming skill, which fell beneath a notional level acceptable to society in general, inspiring a short note that would somehow- in a single swearword- get me to pull my socks, fly right and level by devoting more time to the important- nay vital attribute of levelling up on COD
or
2. some excessively lucky kill which incensed someone to take time from their busy schedule of self-abuse and drooling to tap out a single conglomerate swearword to correct my unsportsmanlike conduct.

I was- and I a quote a "S**tC**t"....No other information- but that one word as the whole message.
A word I've not seen, heard or indeed heard of before or since.....But it seemed to express a depth of ennui and misalignment with the cosmos that many would claim impossible in a message containing but one word. So kudos to you annoymous gamer: I feel suitibly chastened in some unknown and mysterious fashion.

There are some people whose only sense of acheivement, value and- indeed- semblence of control on their daily existence comes from their current online ranking in whichever game they are currently engrossed in.
These people are the ones that rage, whine, send abusive messages and generally make the online gaming experience more sordid than it needs to be.

I just laugh, ignore them and continue playing a lobotomised kitten shot full of experimental hallucenigens (eg: Badly) ;)

I also specialize in 'drunken Friday Night COD' sessions, which sees a higher-than-usual level of 'pro-players' getting the hump with 'noobs' and complaining that "You shouldn't have bought the game if that's the way you're going to play it!"....Well, I'm glad you're there to arbitrate on how I should use the thing I bought with my own hard earned cash- It's good we have self appointed interweb arbiters of these things- Be sure to stick your COD Ranking and Prestige status on your CV while you're at it. ;)

"Checklists Save Lives- No Service Stations at 30,000ft"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:39 pm 

No, they're right. You should NOT be buying these games.
I mean, just THINK about what you're doing, yeah...?

Heck, forget buying them, you're not even worthy to LOOK at the cover unless your key-mashing skillz make you such a skilled combatsman that you're better than the SAS, SBS, Navy SEALs, Special Forces, Royal Marines, Delta Force, Sayeret Matkal and the Home Guard all rolled into one!!

Do not buy these games unless you're already SOOO proficient that you have completed all of it on all levels before it's even been released. I have inside information that these games are really only intended to be played by the one ultimate, unbeatable gamer, simply to remind us how good he is.
In other words, only Chuck Norris can play these!! :lol:

Or, just hang out and gank the nobs. Snipe them and do whatever to make *them* ragequit instead!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:58 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.72144E1
Ttaskmaster wrote:
No, they're right. You should NOT be buying these games.
I mean, just THINK about what you're doing, yeah...?

Heck, forget buying them, you're not even worthy to LOOK at the cover unless your key-mashing skillz make you such a skilled combatsman that you're better than the SAS, SBS, Navy SEALs, Special Forces, Royal Marines, Delta Force, Sayeret Matkal and the Home Guard all rolled into one!!

Do not buy these games unless you're already SOOO proficient that you have completed all of it on all levels before it's even been released. I have inside information that these games are really only intended to be played by the one ultimate, unbeatable gamer, simply to remind us how good he is.
In other words, only Chuck Norris can play these!! :lol:

Or, just hang out and gank the nobs. Snipe them and do whatever to make *them* ragequit instead!

Cooking off a grenade in your hand, in a well laid out defended room or objective....or dual weilding the lowest powered, noisest SMGs on those big maps where everyone camps like mad 'ruins it for everyone'....Or calling in an airstrike on your own position= all good. :)

"Checklists Save Lives- No Service Stations at 30,000ft"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:13 pm 
Really an OK guy

I wonder how these "super-players" would cope with realistic combat games.

Hey, you avoided me by jumping out a first story window? Hope you enjoy crawling around on your fractured ankles for the next 4 minutes of the deathmatch! :D

I used to play COD, and it was amazing the number of high-level killhounds who wouldn't play the multiplayer hardcore modes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:36 pm 
Jigoku e masshigura

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.32122E1
Maybe I've just been lucky or it may be that I haven't as much mulitplayer gaming experience as some of you obviously have (mostly played single-player games for many years), but I did have one of those "WTF?" moments when out of the clear blue some pimpledick twerp sent me a one word message: "Pussy" :?: :o during an A:CM public match. Pussy? Are you f'n kidding me? Was it somebody I killed with my kamikaze spitter xeno (heh-heh), or what?

I wondered what the hell I'd done that might have drawn that kind of response from anybody I'd been playing with or against. Curious, I checked the person's profile & did a trophy comparison to see what sort of video game master I had "offended". Not surprisingly the results just made me laugh. Normally I would've simply ignored, deleted, and blocked the fool at once, but just for the hell of it I decided to reply in kind with a simple "FU jagoff", and then deleted and blocked the clown. :D

I've only gotten two such unprovoked responses like that from lower IQ types during online mp matches, but I suppose it's bound to happen again sometime. It's really kind of pathetic, but there are some very maladjusted individuals out there, and the internet is such that you're much more likely to cross paths with them when playing games like these.

Like companyman, I only play video games for fun/entertainment. Real life is far more challenging and demanding, and certainly not always "fun". If the kind of people being discussed here don't sort themselves out PDQ it'll be their own funeral sooner or later, with NO re-spawns or restarts. :cry: (dry tears)

As far as A:CM is concerned, I've met some cheerful, supportive, like-minded gamers recently (mostly AL members) who've really helped make the co-op and multiplayer aspects of this game everything I had I hoped it would be. So thanks to them I've been having LOADS of quality gaming time lately (though probably not getting as much sleep as I should be...) :roll: :mrgreen:

Last edited by Mudshark on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.65181E6
demoncase wrote:
I just laugh, ignore them and continue playing a lobotomised kitten shot full of experimental hallucenigens (eg: Badly) ;)

HEY, quit copying my gaming style! Nobody is allowed to suck as bad as I do!

;)

Russ

http://www.rookscastle.com
http://www.alchemyarms.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm 
Emperor Ma'Dupe

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.42147E1
I've found that often if you yell back a bit at the schmuckles riding all Biff Tannen through whatever game many of them shut it or quit. Seems they're not used to being confronted and when you verbally bitch slap them it can be a kind of wake up call at least for the moment.
Playing Gears one night with my standard rainbow colored guns and endured a match of near constant gay jokes from some dude until I went on a thirty second Nathan Explosion sounding tirade about how many of my friends are gay and my wife is bi and how he was just generally a real piece of crap. Then the teams shuffled and I spent the next match hunting him down, him only, and tagging him with grenades until he rage quit.
Score one for the nice guys :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:57 am 
Jigoku e masshigura

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.32122E1
Tentacle Chris wrote:
I've found that often if you yell back a bit at the schmuckles riding all Biff Tannen through whatever game many of them shut it or quit. Seems they're not used to being confronted and when you verbally bitch slap them it can be a kind of wake up call at least for the moment.
Playing Gears one night with my standard rainbow colored guns and endured a match of near constant gay jokes from some dude until I went on a thirty second Nathan Explosion sounding tirade about how many of my friends are gay and my wife is bi and how he was just generally a real piece of crap. Then the teams shuffled and I spent the next match hunting him down, him only, and tagging him with grenades until he rage quit.
Score one for the nice guys
:)

:like: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 pm 
Emperor Ma'Dupe

Doesn't work all the time but when it does it's grand :) So to the angry wads out there be warned: "yes" I am a real person on the other end of the mic and "no" you can't just talk shit all night with impunity. Lest me and the rainbows get you real good.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm 
You tell me, man; I only work here.

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.42161E1
Mudshark wrote:
Tentacle Chris wrote:
Score one for the nice guys
:)

:like: 8)

Lieutenant Moose approves this message. :wink: :lol:

With Tentacle Chris, it's not "Taste the rainbow", it's "Fear the Rainbows".

"When the going gets tough, the tough call on the Colonial Marines."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 pm 

I :heart: rainbows! I'm sure most of those "special" gamers never have seen a rainbow in real life, or even three of them one above the other! :mrgreen:
And I like my 40plusyearsolddonttakemyselftooseriousslowmoshooting-style! :m41aownage:
AND (the most important AND!) I am having a big load of FUN with A:CM!
Oorah!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm 

Rasta wrote:
I :heart: rainbows!

What a co-incidence... I poop RAINBOWS!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:06 pm 
You tell me, man; I only work here.

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.42161E1
Um, I don't know if I can approve THAT message... :oops: :roll: :lol:

"When the going gets tough, the tough call on the Colonial Marines."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:57 pm 

Ttaskmaster wrote:
Rasta wrote:
I :heart: rainbows!

What a co-incidence... I poop RAINBOWS!! :lol:

Now I'm a bit jealous! Pooping rainbows is an enviable ability...wow! Needs a colorful diet, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 pm 
Singing the doom song...

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.32150E1
Pooping rainbows is a dangerous business!

http://youtu.be/lxHhBx1FtLQ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 pm 

Who needs a PR?
Ultimate weapon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHe0S22d1vQ!
Yo, I like that stuff! :mrgreen: Magical rainbow gas! Hell yeah!

EDIT: One thing I have to add:
There are always people playing online that are better than the best,
but it's better to have them online than on the street. Let them run down sb. virtually.
This is better than doing other things...e.g. creating toys for children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1O2330bE8I

I'm online atm.(Steam/"Empath64")...if someone likes to have some fun...I'm ready for some badass action!

Last edited by Rasta on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm 
Emperor Ma'Dupe

Ha, those vids are creep-larious :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm 
I usually keep my mouth shut...I'll get a few games when I do really well, others average, and others when I seem to not be able to do anything right. Though I do call out cheaters and such. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm 

Tell them their mommy is calling them for dinner and she has today's want ads sitting next to their mac n' cheese. (No pudding cup til you find a job ultimatesoopertrooper your mother wants to turn the basement into a sewing room)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 pm 
BOHICA

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.82134E1
I can't be doing with these idiots who think they're some kind of amazing -insert here-....was playing a gam of RDR with my mate on day and this kid (had to have been judging from the unbroken voice, though it was a liverpool accent sohard to tell;p) who ran in from the other doorway in the chalenge map, uninvited, and just ran across our field of fire, so of course he got hit, not 'killed'just hit, and proceeded to throw dynamite evrywhere to 'make' us pay hahah retard. I play the games for fun. It's what they are designed for I thought.

Private
UKCM
42 rgmt, 1st Bttln,
Hadrian's Wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am 

I've been vendetta-killed for picking up a weapo someone wanted, or claiming an objective they wanted even though I was in their team and even for "kill-stealing" (all one team so shouldn't matter, right?) I've been verbally abused by Englishmen a few times because I'm Scottish on CoD. I've even had a couple of PMs - one was when playing AvP 2010. Me and a pal were stuck playing 4 aliens on out twosome, and we found a room, stood back-to-back and gunned those mofo's down. And then wee BOTH got a message from one calling us "f-ing camping noobs, learn how to play".............
So far, A:CM the worst thing is chaps stealing my auto turret :D

Read it here!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6120506/1/Aliens-Heart-of-Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:31 pm 

Garrowan5th wrote:
I've been verbally abused by Englishmen a few times because I'm Scottish on CoD.

Aye, but that's just coz yer Scottish though. Nothin' tae do wi' COD :P :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
This thread highlights why I don't play online anymore.