The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm 
You there! Get me a Turkey!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.62157E1
I've had people ragequit just because I was winning and defeat was imminent.

That being said I've sometimes simply stopped playing online because the kids think because they're online and anonymous they can say and do anything they want.

I'll play for fun but when it's not fun I'll just switch off and do something else, hence not playing online in years.
I used to play online with NeoKramer and we were fairly evenly matched....those were fun times.

I've yet to actually get online with A:CM :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:12 pm 
I agree...i've quite games before but usually due to lag and the uneven games it creates. Most of the time if someone is mouthy I just mute them, or block them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.65181E6
Usually we just play in private chat group and avoid unnecessary morons. :)

http://www.rookscastle.com
http://www.alchemyarms.com

Post subject: Re: YER USELESS! STOP PLAYING!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
When playing CoD, this one time I had a kid (based on his voice) just saying one profanity after another. Not angry, not commenting on anything that was happening. He was legitimately playing the game, but he was just saying curse words into his mic one after the other as if they were forming sentences. Either a crazy a-hole or a punk looking to get a response. Either way, the anonymity of the whole thing def tends to let the gutless pricks act like tough guys.

All that said, I've been away too long and need to get back in it! pretty sure I'm going to be the 'useless' guy when I log back in though. I suspect my little 15 level self is gonna get smoked badly.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:59 pm 

Ttaskmaster wrote:
Garrowan5th wrote:
I've been verbally abused by Englishmen a few times because I'm Scottish on CoD.

Aye, but that's just coz yer Scottish though. Nothin' tae do wi' COD :P :wink: :lol:

Ah, this is a fair and legitimate point

Read it here!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6120506/1/Aliens-Heart-of-Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:01 pm 

companyman wrote:
Dear self-proclaimed gaming god,

Thank-you for sending me your kind message to indicate my lack of gaming skills. I obviously value the skills of someone like you. Someone who is so good at the game he feels that finishing the game on Hardened or Ultimate Badass is beneath him.

I greatly appreciate someone who hasn't found all the collectables or finished a single challenge category, who haven't stopped the xenos getting across the Sulaco barricade, defeated the Raven under 1:10, rescued someone from a lurker, or revived a partner, sharing their gaming wisdom with me.

The way you stand on top of the fence, thinking yourself invincible while daring spitters and boilers to do their worst is surely an inspiration to us all, and we can only hope to learn more from your example.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Not Giving a FRAK About Your Opinion and putting you instantly on my block-list!

:D

Please tell me this, in its entirety, was sent to the douche?

Read it here!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6120506/1/Aliens-Heart-of-Darkness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am 
Really an OK guy

He got the edited highlights! :D

Then I blocked him, 'cos I knew he'd prob just respond with the classic "Yeah but u stil cant pley game"

It is true that internet anonymity does sometimes ruin online. How long would these guys last if they acted like that at an in-person tournament?

The idiots forget the mic is for "You take left, I'll take right!", "Sniper, end window!", and "Look out, behind you!" - NOT "Yer gay!", "Hah! How you like my rocket launcher, fag?", "You killed me, you cheating noob, must be hacking!"

Resident Evil 5 online had a player well-known on the PSN for rage quitting, complaining you were a "faggot" if you picked up a rocket launcher (but was ok for him to use it), etc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 am 

Used to play warbirds on line there was this little ass devil666 everybody seemed to be in awe of he was ace of base etc. ad nauseum . Got a shot in on his plane and instead of being a sport he bitches to the moderator and I get booted off. But next time my squadron mates (the flying bozos) ALWAYS shot his ass down and his squadron mates, they made it a mission to track him down, he got so mad he either quit or changed his call sign.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 pm 

I'm pretty sure i can top of of these 'achievements'.

I play battlefield 3 on PC in a clan [GAB]. One day i jumped onto our server to see if anybody was about. There were just a few public players on there. Next thing i know i'm getting told to leave because i was on their server and interupting their game. I sort of said "No, this is our [GAB] server, you guys must be in the wrong place". Of course i then got lots of abuse about how they were going to kick me from the server and ban me etc. Of course they couldn't have because it wasn't their server. Eventually more of my teammates arrived and they scarpered . . .

A few minutes later we get a load of people join our teamspeak channel (so you can communincate in-game with headsets). They are obviously young and American. They start going on about how they've played with us before and they want to join etc. We say 'sure' and play happily for a few minutes. Until we spot a load of abuse being written in the shoutbox on our clan website. The player writing the abuse just happens to be one of the new players in the game with us. The head of the clan tears a strip off him and he leaves. Up until that point we were chatting with the Yank kids about war and stuff, as you do. The head of the clan was saying about how his sons just been deployed to Afghanistan. When we go back and check our website shotbox we find it's been covered in rather foul abuse about how they hope this guys son gets his legs blown off by the Taliban etc. It was really sick

Some kids need a good kicking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm 
You tell me, man; I only work here.

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.42161E1
It's people like that kid that make me lose faith in humanity. I never got deployed to combat, due to my unique experience with the America Army, but I know some of the guys I went through Boot with did. You don't have to support the war to support the soldiers fighting it. And if I knew anybody who was disrespecting my brothers-in-arms.... well, let's just say he'd have a nice trip down a flight of stairs :wink:

"When the going gets tough, the tough call on the Colonial Marines."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:25 pm 
Really an OK guy

People forget you can support your troops without supporting a war.

Kids like this should remember that the actions of Coalition forces could have shut down a training camp where people may have been planning an attack on the very town he lives in. But hey, long as he's able to spit hate at a guy for PLAYING A GAME, it's cool right?
:roll: