The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 am 

Service Number: A12/TQ2.0.22147E1
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
Are people really wishing it was more COD like? I must have missed it, the only times i have heard COD brought up with this game is when people that support ACM bring it into the mix.

I've run into more than a few "kiddies" that say it "should be COD with Xenos".. Makes me want to dopeslap them with a Cheyenne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:58 pm 
Really an OK guy

One of the big criticisms is that some of the game resembles COD already, if they made it any more like it, then it would NOT be an Aliens game! May as well just add a xeno mod to Nazi Zombies!

Post subject: Re: Please, Can The A:CM Bashing Get Old Now?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 pm 
I don't believe it!

Service Number: A10/TQ3.0.02137E1
As a non gamer (yes there some of out there!) seems to me all those people that have spent so much time slating the game...how about you getting of your arse and writing your own version of the game ... oh i'm sorry they more likely don't know how to write computer games , just moan about them when they come out and for the record i have seen this game being played and i would go out and buy it , it goes the same for film critics if your such an expert who don't you go out and make your own movie ?

Rant over .. i feel better now :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:32 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32155E1
Glenn wrote:
As a non gamer (yes there some of out there!) seems to me all those people that have spent so much time slating the game...how about you getting of your arse and writing your own version of the game ... oh i'm sorry they more likely don't know how to write computer games , just moan about them when they come out and for the record i have seen this game being played and i would go out and buy it , it goes the same for film critics if your such an expert who don't you go out and make your own movie ?

Except that is their chosen profession. That is the career they have chosen in order to make a living.

If the painter that you hired to come in and patch a hole in your home and match the texture to your wall did a half ass job would you say. "Oh well i couldn't do any better."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am 
Really an OK guy

Revolver Ocelot wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Except that is their chosen profession. That is the career they have chosen in order to make a living.

If the painter that you hired to come in and patch a hole in your home and match the texture to your wall did a half ass job would you say. "Oh well i couldn't do any better."

Critics don't necessarily know how to do, but know how to critic. I don't know how to make a movie, but I know what I like and don't like. Some critics are a bit up their own asses though, and criticise things in their own opinions why than be honest for the public. This is why few blockbusters get good reviews or are loved at the Oscars.

Most critics hate the Resident Evil movies; I love them, and they make a ton of money, so I'm not the only one who does. I'm not keen on Titanic, but that made a fortune! But, I couldn't criticise that as it's a good film, just not my kind of film.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 pm 
I don't believe it!

Service Number: A10/TQ3.0.02137E1
Most critics hate the Resident Evil movies; I love them, and they make a ton of money, so I'm not the only one who does. I'm not keen on Titanic, but that made a fortune! But, I couldn't criticise that as it's a good film, just not my kind of film.[/quote]

So i am not the only one that was not keen on Titanic then , Resident evil rocks , Titanic sucks !

Drops so Far.... 29 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
I really like the game. It is a far, far better sequel of Aliens, than Aliens 3. I could care less whether or not the COD fans like it or not.

It's Colonial Marines shooting Alien scum.

Works for me.

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:41 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.72144E1
Well I'm a week in and fighting my way across LV426- I've not found anything much to complain about.

Yeah, the colony looks a bit chipper considering a 40 megatonne blast went off nearby- but we're never clear in the movie exactly HOW close the processer is to the main colony, so I I'd prefer to be playing in a nostalgic setting than a 'accurate to the script' molten puddle of glass. ;)

"Checklists Save Lives- No Service Stations at 30,000ft"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
My gripe is playing CO-OP and those that don't want to play as a team but run off to try and get all the glory for themselves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 pm 
Really an OK guy

OMG agree there.

"Right, I'll just weld this door shut. Okay, that'll keep them out. Wait, where's everyone else gone? Downstairs?? Well, ok I'll just BEEP BEEP BEEP OMG BLAM BLAM AAAGH!!! Errrr, thanks for the support, guys!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm 

Or when they close the doors in front of you, I have even seen someone get flamed by another player in Raven when they got the powerloader first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ2.0.22147E1
I think that this group will be the only ones I'll play the game with online..if I'm able to. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 am 

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.82150E1
The only problem I had with the game was when Hicks and O'Neil walked right past an egg, stood there and watched it opened and then the hugger ignored them and jumped 20 feet to get me...Hicks is such an ahole.

Someone on facebook was complaining about 'The Raven' and how you get your guns taken away from you in a FPS, then in the next sentence he was coplaining that you cant drive vehicles. Don't get it since alot of FPS have levels where you get captured or your guns taken away (atleast some of my favorites, Half-Life, AvP2, Doom 3, Red Faction come to mind.)

Played multiplayer last night and this is the only game I didnt mind getting murdered in. I enjoyed dying and watching my marine get impaled by xenos. Probably the only game I havent screamed at the tv over my inexperience.

Yes I wish it was more like what they said it was going to be originally, but at the same time, I dont see how they could have pulled it off. Brothers in Arms with Xenos seems like it woud be a pain to play.

:delta: Currahee :delta:
:delta: Construmus Batumius :delta:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:02 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
I really like the game and cannot wait for the extras to come out. As for bashing I believe that is going to the new Walking Dead game. I have read reviews stating it is worse than A:CM.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:50 am 
Really an OK guy

Resident Evil 6 and Dead Space 3 had the same kind of thing "The game isn't precisely and exactly what I wanted, therefore it's rubbish, even though it's not been released yet and I haven't played it, I'm going to tell all my friends it's rubbish, and say it is in all the forums I'm in!"

Oh, how did we decide what games to buy before the internet?

I thought I'd seen a lot of bad comments about A:CM, then I checked the Gearbox forums. Jeeze!!!!

There are people there who actually want Gearbox to go out of business, because a video game isn't perfect. Who want SEGA to sue them because the game isn't brilliant. Not sure exactly how that works, I mean, can I sue MGM because the new Red Dawn movie wasn't perfect? Of course, if Gearbox actually syphoned off SEGA's money for Borderlands as alleged (once again, by the internet!), that's different.

There were also some "jubilant" comments that there are a lot of copies of A:CM on the second-hand shelves. But I remember within days of it's release, there were a lot of Modern Warfare 3 second-hand copies for sale locally to me, but I can't remember that game getting the bashing A:CM has been getting.

They've stated that Fox will declare the story is not canon, despite the fact that Fox won't give a damn. They already got paid for the licence, and that's all they're interested in.

But my absolute favourite was a guy who said "The game is so bad, I cancelled my pre-order!"

You're right of course, the next "This Game SUCKS!!" release is probably just around the corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32155E1
They want sega to sue gearbox because gearbox diverted funding provided to them by sega for ACM to finish off Borderlands and Borderlands 2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:57 am 

Revolver Ocelot wrote:
They want sega to sue gearbox because gearbox diverted funding provided to them by sega for ACM to finish off Borderlands and Borderlands 2.

As Companyman stated thats alleged not a fact

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:43 am 
Really an OK guy

nocternus wrote:
Revolver Ocelot wrote:

As Companyman stated thats alleged not a fact

No, the example I gave was literally "Sue them for not making the game good enough". I ignored the "Syphoning Funds" aspect as at present it's just an "anonymous source", which can be anything from a disgruntled ex-employee to, well, anyone with email and a PC! Let's face it, I think most of us have played enough games to know that developers don't need to pilfer money from projects to make substandard games! :D

If it's proven that Gearbox did divert the funding, then they would be in a whole heap of trouble, as not only would that let SEGA ask for money back, plus probably damages for any losses in sales that hit the game, it will prevent any other developers using Gearbox in the future. And it's also, I believe, illegal, so may involve the Feds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm 

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.72144E1
companyman wrote:
Oh, how did we decide what games to buy before the internet?

It went one of three ways:

1. Walk into newsagents or (if parents were feeling tolerant) into the Computer Game Shop.
Be hooked by the cover art.
Read the blurb on the back that promised my visual cortex would be melted with the sheer excitement involved in playing this ground breaking piece of entertainment- nay, art....Ignore that the blurry thumb-nail sized screenshots seem to indicate something rather more humble.
Buy.
50/50 if the game sucked or rocked.

2. Read the foaming, near-rabid and not-at-all-corporate-sponsored review in CVG magazine or Gamesmaster (with Sir Patrick Moore no less!)
Spend X months prior to birthday/christmas bugging the crap out of my parents
Game bought for me.

3. (in later years). Wander into gamestore prior to visiting the pub.
Repeat the basic steps in 1.

Basically- as now- there's a good chance you'll enjoy a game.
There's also a good chance you'll not enjoy a game.

What I tend to avoid by simply not reading the blogs/forums is the steady drip-feed of content/hype over a period of months- I believe that this pre-prep of the consumer based detracts from the enjoyment of gaming, and simply reinforces these entrenched attitudes that are best described as "LOL- Itz not COD/BF3 so suxxor!".

There was SO much hype about Mass Effect 1/2/3.
I played MS1 for a couple of hours and found the experience to be not to my tastes (heresy, I know). So I sold it on.
I traded the Need For Speed WhateverItWas that came with my Xbox after 3 plays for the same reason- the guy in Game looked at me like I'd had a bang on the head when I handed it to him because it was 'Best gaym EVA!" or something.

My tuppenorth ;)

"Checklists Save Lives- No Service Stations at 30,000ft"

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 pm 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

demoncase wrote:
"LOL- Itz not COD/BF3 so suxxor!".

LOLz, I iz l33t and u iz such a N00b! :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 pm 
Singing the doom song...

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.32150E1
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Yes, I would say that if you only gave me 10 minutes to do it and broken tools to work with :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 pm 
Dirty Bird

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.82154E1
The thing i am getting tired of is people still bashing th e game even tho they are trying to somewhat fix what we dont like. Shit we are getting the AI upgrade we want and then also making it harder(so im trying to finish UBA fast 1 more level) the thing i think is really funny and i say this cuz Demon brought up Mass Effect. that game was not all that great as to it had its own flaws but it got really high reviews. and the newest DLC was so grainy and laggie it pissed me off. and the controls for it were a really bad layout.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:03 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
cosmo_kraemer wrote:
The thing i am getting tired of is people still bashing th e game even tho they are trying to somewhat fix what we dont like. Shit we are getting the AI upgrade we want and then also making it harder(so im trying to finish UBA fast 1 more level) the thing i think is really funny and i say this cuz Demon brought up Mass Effect. that game was not all that great as to it had its own flaws but it got really high reviews. and the newest DLC was so grainy and laggie it pissed me off. and the controls for it were a really bad layout.

I loved ME1 and completed it more than once, couldn't get anywhere in ME2 and ME3, getting bored a short way into both.

Was enjoying playing through A:CM in Ultimate Badass difficulty, then yesterday's patch seems to have made it much harder and I couldn't get to the next checkpoint after an hour's play last night. :roll: :oops: :lol:

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 pm 
Dirty Bird

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.82154E1
i ran thru Rampart last night on my own it was easy i dont think the patch is out for 360 yet. but i can say the AI on Bug Hunt is a pain on Soldier....and dont get me wrong i luv ME also its just funny that when a new DLC has some major slips no1 cares about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:11 pm 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
The patch was released for 360 about 24 hours ago and apparently contains all the non-graphical enhancements in the PC patch.

The improved AI has made the game MUCH harder - I'm back down to playing on Recruit or Soldier now.

I need to hook up with some people to play Bug Hunt - it's WAY too hard on your own but is great fun! It was a big mistake not to include it in the game on release but I guess they run out of time ... :(