The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: A:CM - Anyone Else get P1zzed when...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:19 am 

I used your technique just tonight! I LOVE nailing those campers!

-HUMVEE Driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Haha, I wouldn't call it a "technique", it totally wasn't planned but I am glad it still works! hahaha! I wish I could have joined you!, maybe tomorrow!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:09 pm 
Really an OK guy

Some guys do complain the aliens die too easily - hey man, they ain't supposed to be bullet-proof! :D

But I think they got the balance about right, which is why you get less points for an alien kill than a marine kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 am 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:24 am 
International Diplomat

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.62158E1
As I've always said, Xeno's are stronger individually, but playing as a team the Marines will always win. The combined firepower is remarkable.

Play as a survival match as a Xeno, and pay special attention to the way the marines are moving - the Xeno's only tip it in their favour after one of the players gets bored/overeager and moves away from the group. Once that has happened the game falls apart fairly quickly for the marine team unless they have a sentry/power-weapon to make up for the loss in firepower.

My particular favourite trick in survival is to hide out by the sentry gun and kill the selfish guy that tries to get it first by himself for all the bonus XP. There's always one. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 am 
Really an OK guy

Acid rebound is handy in survival, as you can hit them around corners, and bait them out of position as they need to expose themselves to try to get you. Even better if you have a lurker next to you ready to pounce when they do.

The boiler can be devastating, but you need the rest of the Xenos to charge ahead and give their lives, as unless you get close, they'll grenade-launcher you before you can take them with you.

But if the marines don't act as a team, it's sure as hell difficult to last long in survival at all. When not playing with friends or a group that works well, I've found myself working for an obvious survival op, like activating the shutter controls downstairs, where I thought others were with me, to turn around and find I'm alone apart from the three Xenos headed toward me at high speed!