The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: What Xeno are you using?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 am 
Seems the majority go for soldier or spitter. I like the soldier...matches my style of play pretty well.

The lurker is underpowered with an almost useless special attack, unless the marine is by himself. This is getting more rare, since people are catching on to banding together more.

What is everyone else using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 am 
Combat Videographer

Service Number: A03/TQ0.0.82153E1
i stick to my soldier, i find it the quicker of the other ones, maybe bc ive been leveling up with it mainly.

A03/TQ0.0.82153E1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:41 am 
Spark Chaser

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.32146E1
I play mainly Soldier, and do pretty well with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 am 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.92155G1
The soldier is pretty awesome because it's tail spin attack damages everyone in a pretty large radius, and it does A LOT of damage to them. I usually do a spin to one guy and then finish him off with the claw attack that allows you to run while clawing. Impeccable strategy if you take little damage.

I really don't like the spitter. The spit attack I find is impossible to judge. How is it supposed to help me if the crosshair for the attack is on a wall 100 meters away? I can't tell where my shit's gonna hit. Plus their heads are glowing yellow and tactically awful.

I like the lurker attack, obviously the guy has to be alone, but people don't spawn together, so as long as you find someone who has recently spawned and track him down you can get him before he regroups with the rest. Plus the maw attack makes me feel like I'm in the movies and I dig the head design with the skull eye sockets from the original film.

But, soldier is the easiest to just pick up and play without getting too frustrated I feel.

How does everyone feel about the different head designs? I feel like they're ridiculous...no intention at all of making them match movie designs. Big, bulky, and stupid looking. I'd much rather have picked from the film designs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 am 
I agree Hudson...I do the exact same thing with my soldier's load out...spin + flurry (I think it's flurry).

I also don't like the spitter...the aiming is very clunky as you say, and should be revisited. I did read that they had to add the yellow to the heads to make them more visible, otherwise they were impossible to spot.

I guess I suck with the lurker...but I wish they could make some other type of attack instead of pounce.

I would also like to see having the ability for multiple load outs for the xeno. I personally wouldn't have had 3 different types of xeno...rather I would have had multipe options for load outs which would enable you to play a spitter or soldier, based on what perks you chose for your load out.

The head options are idiotic, except the skull one for the lurker...it's kind of cool. I also don't like the colour options...why make yourself more visible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 am 

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.92155G1
Yeah, same principle with the head. It's huge and easy to see.

I have the same problem with the spitter aiming that I have with the lurker. I have no damn idea where I'm going to land because the crosshair goes all the way somewhere else. It would've been much better if you had the ability to simply target people. Maybe that would make it cheap...but it sounds like they're doing other things to even the odds anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 am 
Call down the Thunder

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.12149E1
Soldier Xeno, occasional Spitter if I am up against "wall hugging" Marines

Dropship Argonne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 am 
Singing the doom song...

Service Number: A11/TQ1.0.32150E1
Soldier usually. I use flurry and whirlwind as my attacks, hollow exoskeleton for speed. I found speed combined with the rage trait meant I survived more than if I was using hardened chitin. Finish my soldier off with adrenalin boost, great using it just before diving into a group of Marines, and useful if you are bleeding out.

Occasionally, the spitter bomber comes out if Marines are sticking together. Use the spray and acid claws attacks, same adrenalin boost, and rupture for when my xeno dies. Very bad news for the Marines if you get into the lift with them on Escape :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm 
International Diplomat

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.62158E1
I like Soldier, but the Spitter is quite nice and I can play the lurker from time to time. Depends on situation but with Soldier I can take apart a team quite easily on Survivor if they're not being smart.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:08 pm 
Emperor Ma'Dupe

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.42147E1
BurntKona wrote:
I found speed combined with the rage trait meant

I use the same set up and I just imagine the opposite team fuming when they've emptied everything into you and you're still knocking them down and out. Rage is most awesome. Speed + rage has led to many squad clearing runs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm 
Yep, I use the same load out too for soldier.

Thanks for the input on the spitter BurntKona...I'll outfit one for when I run into those situations.

Post subject: Re: What Xeno are you using?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm 
Really an OK guy

Mainly the soldier, the spitter if the marines know what they're doing and set up some good choke-points. Just hide round the corner and quick step-out, spit, and hop back. Sometimes with the acid burst if I can get amongst them.

In all the online games I've played, I've never landed a pounce with the lurker once, always overshoot, or undershoot. .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:27 pm 

I use the soldier too. I use the quick attack and whirlwind, enhanced chitin, adrenelin rush, and the two traits or whatever that let you regenerate. I've been getting 8+ kills in a row. I love seeing that "Horrific" show up when you get 11 (I think, don't quote me on it)

- HUMVEE Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:56 pm 

And when you get 12 kills - NIGHTMARE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HUMVEE Driver