The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Predator, Terminator ...AND NOW ALIENS in fortnite! *updated
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
I know fortnite probably strikes most of you as a "kids game", but I've been dabbling lately and having a decent time. With my son not really having any interaction with his friends through limited school and no sports, he has spent a TON of time online playing games with them. In order to get some time with my OWN KID...I have been dabbling with the game myself and playing with him a few times a week.

I had been kind of chugging along playing casually but not having any real investment in the game...until... PREDATOR!!!
Attachment:
fortnite-jungle-hunter-quest-awards-1920x1080-94405a411203.jpg
fortnite-jungle-hunter-quest-awards-1920x1080-94405a411203.jpg [ 126.24 KiB | Viewed 2624 times ]

Shortly after, Sarah Conner and the T-800 endoskeleton became playable skins.
Attachment:
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg [ 128.35 KiB | Viewed 2624 times ]

The theme on the "season" has been bringing in the universe's greatest "Hunters", so the Mandalorian was the first 'skin' (character image) available, but they are continually rolling out new ones.

Mostly, the 'skins' are just cosmetic and don't do anything except bring Fortnite more money, however they did do something pretty cool with the Predator. There was this Jungle area of the map and out of nowhere a space craft appeared, empty. A couple days later you started hearing the predator sounds if you were going around that area. Finally a few days after that, if you were in that area, you actually could get attacked by a cloaked predator. You would see the signature blur, he would uncloak and come at you with his wrist blades. If you were able to kill him, you would unlock the "pradator skin" for your own use in all future games, and he would drop his cloaking device for you to use yourself for the rest of that match.

So for the time being, anyone in that jungle is subject to predator attack, and if victorious you get his cloaking device (similar to how Mando wanders the desert area and if you defeat him, you get his jetpack and sniper rifle with thermal vision).

The Terminator packs is strictly "pay to get it". Nothing very clever or fun there, but still cool.

So yeah...all pretty tame in the big scheme but I have been having fun with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:42 pm 
GarageGeek

dude. that's awesome!

Post subject: Re: Predator & Terminator in Fortnite....AND NOW ALIENS! upd
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:36 am 
THAT guy

and as one might have predicted (HOPED !)... Aliens has joined fortnite.

First off, for reference, 10 real life dollars gets you 1,200 V-bucks. So far during this whole pandemic, I have only spent 4 real life dollars and had hours of enjoyment (most with my son, but hey, it kinda grows on you).

These latest bundles got me though!

So the "skin" (selectable character look) bundle for $2,200 V-bucks.
-Alien character skin (Seems most similar to the Isolation alien with the smooth dome and forward segmented legs)
-Ripley (with alternate '79 and '86 outfits. You get both!)
-a "cat carrier" backpack
-An Alien specific dance (no idea, havent tried it yet, probably an inner mouth and dramatic stance thing).
Attachment:
20210225_192812_HDR.jpg
20210225_192812_HDR.jpg [ 313.06 KiB | Viewed 2496 times ]

Attachment:
20210225_192825.jpg
20210225_192825.jpg [ 281.75 KiB | Viewed 2496 times ]

The "space gear bundle" (another 1200 V-bucks on top)
-Cheyenne Dropship glider (the thing you ride to the ground to start matches)
-A power loader arm as your "pickaxe" (material harvesting thing and last ditch weapon)
-A "chestburster dance". You do it, you go into convulsions and the fortnite piniata llama pops out of your chest. (Character appears confused for comedic effect, good clean fun...)
Attachment:
20210225_192818.jpg
20210225_192818.jpg [ 278.92 KiB | Viewed 2496 times ]

I bought it all. Gonna be hard to use anything except this stuff in games for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:34 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Are these limited time things? If I ever get back into Fortnite, I'mma need these lol. Not sure if I ever will though

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject: Fortnite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:03 pm 

I grabbed these bundles earlier, unfortunately I was dragged Into the fortnite scene when the game came out. That's the problem with having 2 young boys.
Tbh I play more of the save the world version of the game as its quite good but do pop into the battle royale to complete the current season battle pass or when a good skin comes out.
Big fan of the aliens theme they have bought to the game, I also grabbed the terminator bundle while it was out.
The predator skin requires challenges to do and is still available until this season finishes in a few weeks .

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:39 pm 
THAT guy

Moosh89 wrote:
Are these limited time things? If I ever get back into Fortnite, I'mma need these lol. Not sure if I ever will though

Not sure if they will extend it, but there is a timer ticking down on it. *Might* be a 24 hr sale thing. I believe they have extended other 24hr sales in the past though. Unfortunately I can't say for sure.

Post subject: Re: Predator, Terminator ...AND NOW ALIENS in fortnite! *upd
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:10 pm 
THAT guy

Well, continuing everyone's favorite "not everyone's cup of tea" game updates, more Aliens references.

When Ripley became available for purchase "last season", the character "Jonesy" showed up in a cut scene to meet her wearing what was very clearly smart-gun armor.
Attachment:
smart gunner jonesy.jpg
smart gunner jonesy.jpg [ 54.38 KiB | Viewed 2299 times ]

That 'skin' was never available though.

This season, with a "battlepass" (paid seasonal participation, like 8 bucks in real life) once you reach level 60 you can actually unlock that skin.
It is a hodge-podge of gear from previous skins. The idea is that version of Jonesy has been through some stuff and collected improvised gear (Ryu's head band, Snake eyes/stormshadow tattoo, Daryl Dixon's bolt quiver, a shore-trooper shoulder pad etc). THE POINT IS, there is no doubt that is a Smartgunner chest plate! He even gave it some graffiti (although it was Mandalorian themed graffiti)

Unfortunately this will probably be as close as we get to a colonial marine, but I still thought it was pretty nifty.
Attachment:
jonesy jump 42.jpg
jonesy jump 42.jpg [ 366.62 KiB | Viewed 2299 times ]