The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: AGC Woodland Digital Camouflage
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:25 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.12147E1
Sgt Beaudoin wrote:
Sid, I may be interested in that uniform for a 405th Infantry costume... do you have access to more?

http://actiongearcanada.com is what is listed on the tags and apart from that and contact info for the folks that sold it to me that's all the information I have at the moment - they ordered it in and there were no takers until I came in. Would you like me to get that retailer's contact details for you?

Here's a view for anyone interested in how this outfit looks similar enough to the US Army ACUPAT:

EDIT

I am not sure but I think this is the page for that uniform.

http://www.actiongearcanada.com/retail/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=187

Warning! The sizing is way off on the pants (listed as xxl, tighter than xl should be) and the colour I think is what they list as the woodland digital camo.

Perhaps email them and show them the photo I posted to confirm what it is that they're selling, also it looks like their head office is located in Ottawa.

Post subject: Re: AGC Woodland Digital Camouflage
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:30 am 
Duke Bronson

Well, ACU is a lot more gray (and *ahem* a lot more fugly) than what you're wearing. I'm really liking it actually, so I definitely want a set. I'm gonna guess this is Dark Woodland Digital Camo. Not sure I follow on the size issue... smaller than the tag lists?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:20 pm 

Sgt Beaudoin wrote:
Well, ACU is a lot more gray (and *ahem* a lot more fugly) than what you're wearing. I'm really liking it actually, so I definitely want a set. I'm gonna guess this is Dark Woodland Digital Camo. Not sure I follow on the size issue... smaller than the tag lists?

Yup and as I believe was posted earlier the stuff I have on there looks like an amalgam of ACUPAT and CADPAT.

EDIT - correction, I guess I left out that part :P

The sizing is way off, for example the pants are listed as xxl but fit tighter around the waist than an xl, however the pants are long and loose like the xl's should be and the buttons for the fly need to be re-stitched as 3 of them came loose/off after first wearing. My advice if this colour turns out to be the correct one to order at least one size larger (when wearing the webbing/vest/armour the extra material shouldn't be an issue - better to have more room to wear than not enough. ;)

Be aware that this is a poor quality material and build for the outfit, what distinguishes it obviously is its different look. For example the 6 pocket ACU style looks ok on the pants but they didn't include the velcro access knee pad area at all, likewise that is missing in the elbows of the jacket. Speaking of the jacket I have the xxl jacket and it fits close enough as a proper fit to another xxl PROPPER ACUPAT jacket that I grabbed at DragonCon '08. The fabric itself is very light and don't think very strong (not convinced the 'rip-stop' pattern is reliable at) but should be comfortable enough to wear in hotter climates).

I am not sure that this is what is listed as the Dark Woodland Digital Camo and it may have been an experiment by the manufacturer.

Best best, contact them:
3002 St-Joseph Blvd
Orleans, On (Ottawa)
K1E 1E2
613-841-8818

Hope this helps, keep me updated :)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm 
Duke Bronson

I can leave with a cheap fabric as I would use it for costuming and not paintball. I've emailed them your photo to ask what fabric it is.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:22 pm 

Cool, keep me posted ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:11 am 

Correction, my memory was off - it's not a ripstop material but a very light/flimsy twill type.

I am currently trying to rebuild the armour, please ignore the part on the abdominal pad that isn't fully secured as I am trying out something different. ;)

Here's a picture of the new camo while wearing the ball cap that comes with the set along with the fractal Swedish M90 type pattern armour that I'm rebuilding....