The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Source for Patches in Canada? And a uniform Q...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 am 

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.62131G1
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if there is a good source for patches in Canada? I'm in Winnipeg and would like to buy locally, failing that I'd like to buy within Canada.
If anyone knows of a good place for patches, let me know.

Also, do some of you guys replace the US flag with the Canadian one on your uniforms? I'm thinking of going that route.

Pedro

Post subject: Re: Source for Patches in Canada? And a uniform Q...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:24 am 

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.62143G1
+1 just starting out newbie.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:11 am 
Duke Bronson

Hi guys, welcome to the UACM section.

I am the squad leader of the United Americas Colonial Marines. We represent the vast majority of Canadian Colonial Marines, however, not all consider themselves UACM... not for the matter of not getting along, simply because a few choose to be "screen accurate" and keep USCM patches and tapes on their uniform.

Our adopted flag is the United Americas flag... this flag was designed by Ron Cobb, the conceptual designer for Aliens. The United Americas flag was originally supposed to be on the Colonial Marine's uniform on the film, but for a reason I am not quite sure of, the US flag made its way instead. Here is his original sketch:

The maple leaf is only represented on our ship's patch, the UAS Macdonald. You can find the artwork for our patches here:
http://www.pbase.com/sharpuscm/uacm

For a lack of better words, the UACM patches are sold out. I had originally 50 sets of each, but now they are all gone. I will in the near future get more sets, but I will need enough interest to run another purchase. You have no obligation to wear UACM patches when I do get them produced, but its nice to have more Canadian on board with the program, much like our UKCM members do with their patches.

In the interim, if you are looking for USCM patches, eBay is a good start... we also have members running screen-accurate patches on our PX section (you will be granted access eventually). The eBay patches are close to what they should resemble, however, some people here may find them to be crude copies.

As for uniforms (it's in your topic, so I'm covering it), there is no longer a source for screen-accurate combats, but the approved UACM alternative is a MultiCam uniform with the mandarin collar jacket.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 pm 

SSgt Baldwin wrote:
Hi guys, welcome to the UACM section.

As for uniforms (it's in your topic, so I'm covering it), there is no longer a source for screen-accurate combats, but the approved UACM alternative is a MultiCam uniform with the mandarin collar jacket.

Yeah, I saw that. That's why I'm going with Flecktarn,,,

Sorry, I've never been a fan, despite the fact that we sell it in our store (I own and operate, with my wife Wendy, a hobby/game/surplus store here in Winnipeg)
As for the camo on the armour, I'll be going with a kind of "sawtooth leaf" pattern that a buddy of mine is really good at. (He owns and operates Neit Arms in Ontario.)
I'm working out the pattern for the armour now and it's not a complicated one. It's just that I've never worked with Sintra so this should be educational.
Pedro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:56 pm 
Duke Bronson

Whereabouts in Ontario are you located? The UACM normally does a yearly combat drop in Toronto in July.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:22 pm 

SSgt Baldwin wrote:
Whereabouts in Ontario are you located? The UACM normally does a yearly combat drop in Toronto in July.

I'm actually in Winnipeg. It's my friend Dave that is in Ontario.
Not much in the way of Brother Marines out here I'm afraid. I'm hoping that a good showing by me at the Comics Con will change that. Have to make up recruitment posters... Hmmm...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 pm 
Duke Bronson

Here's my Manitoba roster:

A03/TQ2.0.02138E1 MSgt Jackson, K Apocalypse Manitoba-CAN
A03/TQ2.0.62131G1 Rec Bedard, P Blacksmith Manitoba-CAN

So, you and some other guy... have fun finding him, doesn't participate around here much. Hasn't been around in a year.

http://forum.alienslegacy.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=901

You'd have much better luck hooking up with Chad Brune and Mike Muranetz at the next Calgary Comic Con. They'll chime in here eventually.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:24 pm 

LOL Dom, I think I know him. He's an active Airsoft player and has a Pulse rifle airsoft AEG.
I haven't seen him around lately though, I may have to email him and see if his pulse rifle is available (hey, a marine can have two, right?
Thanks for the info and the Service #!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 am 
Duke Bronson

Ack.

Oh, and BTW... Capitalize the m in Marine, lest the real Marines here have a seizure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:18 pm 
Duke Bronson

I have two UACM Delta patches and one UAS Macdonald path up for grabs. First come first served.

$8 each shipping included, send payment as "gift" via Paypal to: cplbaldwin (at) hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 am 

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.62143G1
Pm sent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:57 am 
Duke Bronson

Once UACM Delta left.