The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: APC Command Console?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:47 pm 
Anyone know for sure, how many pairs of screens there are in the center section of the APC Command Console?

VBR,
CC

Post subject: Re: APC Command Console?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:58 pm 
14 as near as I can tell:

The console is L shaped. There are 10 screens on the long half (two rows of 5), and 4 screens on the small half (two rows of two).

*EDIT here's a pic (sorry for the fuzziness):

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgDTAqoZJ01SjZlx9te4SWcjKUmXMqv0mmdd4ANUz0qNiJEk!8yOAyiOF64qodswXNIR1U9xQOO7orM64uZx8zAarhyIgcWKEXMMSF5j3LCXlQVaiYj*fKQDInhXuZdI/APC%20console%200020.jpg[/img]

Here's the link if the pic isn't working:

APC console

Hope this helps.:)

Kevin
The Sarge's Site
[url=http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ssgtburton/lst?.dir=/Sarge%27s+Pics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t
&.done=http%3a//ca.photos.yahoo.com/]Sarge's Pics[/url]

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
Edited by: [url=http://pub217.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ssgtburton>SSgt Burton[/url] at: 12/7/03 8:56 am

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:55 pm 
OK Chris so lets see some progress pics on that 1/6th scale behemoth. I know you have to be getting something done to it. :)
fdoveraker@att.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:23 pm 
TKS for posting the pic Sarge.

Finalizing the interior layout now.

This has come in handy ... but still uncertain about the number of screen panels.

www.graphiko.com/forbidde...s_apc.html

VBR,
CC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:48 pm 
Trust me Chris it's 14.:)

There are 4 screens behind Gorman. I can take a second screenshot later to show you (it will be with him further up before he slides his chair back, blocking our view of the four screen group).

The large group of screens is ten screens. You just can't quite see the first pair on the extreme left because there is some apparatus blocking half our view:

[img]http://www.graphiko.com/forbiddenplastic/r_alien_apc/img/r_alien_apc_006.jpg[/img]

Look at the lit up keyboard jut to the left of Gorman's left hand. Just above it is a turned off screen, and above that is a lit screen with the vital signs going. You can only see a little triangle worth of it because of an object in the foreground blocking our view.

Whew!;) Hope this helps.:)

Kevin
The Sarge's Site
[url=http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ssgtburton/lst?.dir=/Sarge%27s+Pics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t
&.done=http%3a//ca.photos.yahoo.com/]Sarge's Pics[/url]

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:55 am 
OK.... we will figure this out yet....

What I see is the side and bottom of Vaz's Smartgun (see the ADIOS?) which is stowed adjacent to the end of the console. It conceals, it seems, one entire panel. Looking to the left or aft direction you see a section of one screen panel and yet another past the gun. That leads me to believe there are actually eight screen panels/16 screens, in the center section.

Also, I discovered that the console is actually "U" shaped with two screen panels forward and two aft. In the drop scene Gorman is sitting just forward of the aft screens. That gives a total of 12 screen panels/24 screens. What do you think?

VBR,
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:03 am 
:shock:

By George I think your right!

Can't check the dvd right now, but I stand corrected. Didn't notice the half concealed panel to the left of the smartgun.

-Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:13 am 
<<By George I think your right!>> You think so?

I'm really sweating this and it would be nice to have some consensus as I will be finalizing the model interior soon... need to know so I don't screw it up.

<< Can't check the dvd right now, but I stand corrected. Didn't notice the half concealed panel to the left of the smartgun. >> OK, TKS, let me know what you discover.

TKS, very much, for putting in the time on this one.

VBR,
CC       

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:55 pm 
I am currently watching Aliens with the commentry (at last we have commentry!!!) so I thought I would have a look at this. I had counted them a few months ago but I wasn't sure of the amount without checking again.

I get 7 sets of 2 along the main part, plus the 2 sets at the end.

[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.a.kitching/pics/temp/apcscreens.jpg[/img]

I also remember the "everybody online, looking good" scene was perfect as it pans across them all. If you look at that scene (41 mins in) it starts at the left (you don't actually see that there aren't any more to the left - so it is possible there could be more, but I think the pan would have started at the furthest left to show off the console to it's full extent), and then pans all the way to the right. We see 7 + 2 sets of two.

Paul.

The Colony - My collection and current prop projects.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:52 pm 
Hi guys,

OK, TKS... I think I have it now. The little red squares help with the hidden screen.

Since there is another panel showing to the left it's safe to assume there is another pair of screens in there. There is a scene, where Hudson is seen walking past the screens at the rear, as he moves forward during his bragging about weapons, and you see the bank of two at the aft end. So I have finalized the layout for my model by putting in 8 in the center section and two each at the ends for a total of twelve panels, which BTW matches the number of seats in beast I'm building.

I'll post PICS of the basic interior layout soon. Surprisingly, everything fits ... eight guys in the aft end with room left for engine details and "machinery behind" the seats, a space for weapons storage fwd of the aft seats, full command console adjacent to the left forward wheel well, four seats adjacent to the right forward wheel well, and a tight drivers compartment.

TKS for the help.

VBR,
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:53 am 
Hey Chris,

I know this is a little late, but I was watching the dvd on my new 'man toy' (very big tv) and you are 100% right!

The command console is U shaped, there are two pairs of screens on the small ends, and 8 pairs of screens in the center section.

The picture above shows the two pairs of screens on the right side of the console. The beginning of the drop sequence when Ferro says "stand by cross locking now", and Gorman is moving his chair into position, shows the other two pairs on the left side.

The scene where Gorman says "everybody on-line lookin' good" shows all 8 pairs as the camera pans across.

Just wanted to reassure you.:)

-Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:55 pm 
TKS for the confirmation, Sarge.

VBR,
Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]