The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Aliens Cosplay/Costume Guide
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
We had it for Display and to Talk about it at LFCC and DCC.
Fans like it a lot.
Wan't miss it for other Cons.
Thanks to everyone contributing.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:59 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

Service Number: A35/TQ9.0.13706E5
NeedanID wrote:
Lots of good stuff in there. Ive been looking continuously for a 3A Steadicam vest and always seem to miss by a day to a few weeks. :( I had a build thread about how I made a look-a-like vest from an Indian vest. One thing I like about this group is having the leeway to do stuff that looks like it could have been in the movie but don't have to match exactly a screen used component. Most people at DeragonCon never notice that I don't have a 3A vest and arm, they just see the really big gun on an arm and go nuts. While I'm always looking for stuff to make it better, I would hate to have someone discouraged to build or join if they think they need to match exactly what is in this manual. :)

That's why I went to pains in the introduction to point out this is just for fun and not to be taken as a YOU MUST HAVE ALL THIS STUFF OR ELSE!!!! set in stone guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:17 am 

Great info compilation. Its like a road map for those just entering into this area of the universe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:51 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
I wonder if someone could whip up a cover for this sort of like the Pulse Rifle manual from Derrick Baena?

Attachment:
prman01.jpg
prman01.jpg [ 14.83 KiB | Viewed 2110 times ]

It would be cool to have it look like an "in universe" manual on uniforms or somesuch. What do folks think?

:delta: My entry-level prop and costume tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12751 :delta:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:24 pm 
Wild Brew

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.72140G1
retrogarde wrote:
I wonder if someone could whip up a cover for this sort of like the Pulse Rifle manual from Derrick Baena?

It would be cool to have it look like an "in universe" manual on uniforms or somesuch. What do folks think?

After dragoncon I can spend a few hours and come-up with something. Ive been looking for things to try and draw in CorellDraw. You're thinking like an AR-670-1 "wear and appearance of uniforms", only for USCM universe?

"If you are going to die, die with a real weapon. Not a little sissy gun like that. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:29 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Exactly!

:delta: My entry-level prop and costume tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12751 :delta:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 am 

This has been a huge help to me so far. Thanks for all the effort in putting this together. Now...whens the update;)

Regards
T
A
Z

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:21 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

retrogarde wrote:

Attachment:
prman01.jpg

I want to work on a more polished design for it overall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:10 pm 
Officers - Making simple s**t hard since 1775

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.52135E1
Awesome guide.

With regards to the Lieutenant's unform, Chef can make Custom ones upon request. That's where I got mine from, see...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15892

First pic is me wearing an OG-507 costume which I adapted (which looks the part but not 100% screen accurate), the later pics were the custom uniform I got from Chef (which is as near as you can get to a screen accurate uniform without stealing the one Harry Harris has in his collection)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:01 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

SimonT wrote:
Awesome guide.

With regards to the Lieutenant's unform, Chef can make Custom ones upon request. That's where I got mine from, see...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15892

First pic is me wearing an OG-507 costume which I adapted (which looks the part but not 100% screen accurate), the later pics were the custom uniform I got from Chef (which is as near as you can get to a screen accurate uniform without stealing the one Harry Harris has in his collection)

Thanks for the heads up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:05 pm 

Just stumbled upon this while I did a search for patch placement for the uniform. Outstanding work and effort to both you Mantroon and Bigbisont. Now to track down some patches :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3