The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Q: "What motorcycle parts were used on the Smart Gun?"
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:36 pm 
Hi all

My sort of on the side project it to make a airsoft smart gun, and while some of the bits can be made as there are nice clear pictures of them, I wondered if anyone new what 250cc Kawasaki bike the pillion supports were off. I have spent the best part of the afternoon looking through bike web sites at parts diagrams, but it seems there might have been an optional part and therefore not included on the main parts list.

If anyone knows the model bike or better still has a smart gun with either genuine bits on it and has the part number stamped into the side of the bit that would be ace if you could send it to me.

I have one picture which has part of the number on, which says, 'Japan' something '5R'

I thought making an airsoft gun would be different from the normal static versions, and also make a great support weapon in an airsoft game. There is a big mag for lots of bb's and lots of room for big batteries which equals lots of shooting.

I thought of using a airsoft gun with single, burst and full auto as the base unit, so the also having the motorbike grip with switches means the trigger wiring can be routed though this so firing mode can be selected from the grip.

Any info on any of the parts used would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Don

Post subject: Re: Smart gun parts :)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:35 pm 
You seek Jesse.

E...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:38 am 
Ah! jesse I seak then, if read this you do.

:) Don

(Sorry but the frazing of 'you seek jesse' just brough Yoda to mind lol)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:40 am 
Kawasaki part #'s

35011-1156L
&
35011-1156R

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:09 am 
Wow super quick :) A bit more of a cheek, any ideas what model bike its off.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:19 am 
It's an AR125.

Cheers,
Stefan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:13 pm 
Struts thingies in the front are from a Kawasaki AR125

Control on the front handle is from a Kawasaki GPZ750 from around 83. There are two type of controls that are very much alike, if you want to go dead on accurate, you want the control that does NOT have the "Hazard" switch (you'll understand when you've seen a few controls on eBay or so. Also, very hard to find these controls with the text still present.

Foam grips can be bought on eBay that looks EXACTLY like the ones used for the SG, however, I have not managed to find the smaller type of grip used for the reloading handle (is that what it's called?)

Rear handle is a clutch handle, probably from an AR125 since the screws on the real SG are mounted in a way very similar to how the clutch handle of the AR125 looks like (and most clutch handle DON'T look like that, the screws are fitted from the top.. have a look!)

I've been studying auctions for GPZ parts and AR parts for more than two years and I have not yet seen any of the other SG parts which should also be from one of the two bike models if any... I've had a few theories (like the rod leading from rear handle to trigger being some sort of axle or camshaft) but none of them have proved to be accurate enough...

I believe several parts are scratchbuilt which renders seeking useless. If you want reference pics I can share if with you! Let me know if you know anything more :-)

Good luck with the project!

(Are you using the monster Shoei MG42 for the project?)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:14 pm 
Here's a good shot of the footrest hanger still attached to the bike:

[img]http://www.grantsbikes.com/ar125.jpg[/img]
Edited by: [url=http://p220.ezboard.com/bthealienslegacy.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ts826>TS826[/url] at: 11/19/06 11:14 am

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:37 pm 
Hi all

You see what threw me was on the Aliens quadrilogy extras the guy said the front alloy bits were Kawasaki 250 pillion support bars.

In general thanks to everyone for the info it will be a huge help. Luckily my m8 who lives across the road works in the motor bike shop, so said if I can get him the bike info, he can see if they have an exploded diagrams with parts and numbers on.

I was going to base it on a AEG so I could have burst fire or fully auto, selectable from the bike grip control. Some bits I will need to source, others will be built round the gun mechanics. A lot of the bits like the rod from the rear handle I can turn on my lathe. I really going to have to make it all myself, as someone I know has shown interest in buying one off me when done. If I use other people’s parts, I fall into recasting category which is a no, no. It will take far longer making the bits myself, and sourcing a proper deact MG42 will be taxing, but in the end it will be worth it. It is going to have to be an on the side project, done as bits come available and money allows.

:) Don

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:51 pm 
Hello to All.

I had a Kawasaki AR-50 that is the same as the AR-80 and AR-125 in parts but the barrle and pistol and that the 80 and 125 had six gears and the 50 had five.

But all the other bits are the same.

The GPZ and GPX have very similar parts as it was the engine that was differenrnt.

I love my Kawasaki and I had a GPZ 305, GPZ 500S, Ninja 600 (J1 2001) and Ninja 636 (C1 2006)

I think that my GPZ 305 has the same footrest frame also.

Cheer's DATA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:26 pm 
AR-50 AR-80 and GPZ 305 don't have the same rear footpeg supports as the AR-125. The 50 and 80 rear footpegs are mounted on tube steel supports that are part of the frame - the 305 is a different shape.

Don, you're lucky you're in England - the AR-125 was designed for the UK market because of horsepower restrictions on learner bikes i.e people could learn to ride on something that looked a bit like a "real" motorcycle. It may have been sold in Singapore as well.

Here are some wip pics of my SG - not quite finished:

www.b26354.co.nz/smartgun/

Jon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:58 am 
DAMN Jon!

That looks SOO SOO good! Best I've seen so far! And you sure were generous with closeups! Very much appreciated!!

Nice to finally see someone starting on the Shoei MG42 project.. I was hungry for it a while back but settlets for a cheaper option :-) It's gonna be thrilling though to follow your evolution.... Where did you get ahold of all the scratchbuilt parts? Made em yourself? In that case, care to sell any?

Someone's selling a Tiffen Steadicam on eBay now.. ends in a few hours... it's not exactly like the Steadicam they used in the movie (2A?) but it goes a long way.... and it's a LOT cheaper!!! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:15 am 
I just picked up a GPZ750 LH switch from Ebay for £12 :D
I feel like i'm at the top of a slippery smartgun-shaped slope...

SAS
Anything that, in happening causes itself to happen, happens again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:28 am 
Do you have a pic for the one you just brought,as there is a newer version available that is totally different(not refering to the extra button model).
If its the correct one you snagged a bargain there bud.
Andy Gardener - TK2173

"The UK Garrisson,the very best there is.When you absolutely ,positvely,have to impress every mutha in the vicinity,accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:31 pm 
No pic, but its exactly the same as the one on your rig as seen in your pic here:
i68.photobucket.com/album...CN0114.jpg

SAS
Anything that, in happening causes itself to happen, happens again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:49 pm 
Excellent bud ,i'm sure you'll do an outstanding job.:D
Andy Gardener - TK2173

"The UK Garrisson,the very best there is.When you absolutely ,positvely,have to impress every mutha in the vicinity,accept no substitutes."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:08 am 
Hey saint! What about the new model? How does it look?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]