The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Midlands Marines
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:26 pm 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
This Friday (May 20th) Reel Equality Film Club Nottingham are holding an Aliens showing & SciFi party at the Broadway, Nottingham

Party @ 8.30pm | Film @ 10.30pm | FREE ENTRY

Enjoy a buzzing evening of sci-fi entertainment straight from the 80s darkside. With free sweeties, the coolest sounds of 80s noir and a sci-fi dress-up competiton! Reel Equality's Season 3 opener is Aliens, the genre-defining sci-fi horror that packs in both unrelenting tension and blaster action. In the 30 years since its first release, the spectacular return of unrivalled badass Ellen Ripley into her outer-space nightmare has remained a tireless classic. Stars Sigourney Weaver.

Enjoy the party from 8.30pm with our DJ's eclectic mix of tunes inspired by the darker side of the 1980s: from New Order to Blondie, from Kraftwerk to Eurythmics. Come early to grab free galactic sweeties and enter our sci-fi crossword competition for a year’s Broadway membership worth £27.

Costumes encouraged: come as your fave sci-fi film character! Best Dressed wins an Alien chest-burster plush toy to cuddle at night.

Brought to you by Equation, a Nottingham charity working against domestic abuse.

https://www.facebook.com/events/123963438005837/

I am not associated with this event, but its happening in my home city, on payday and is pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:33 pm 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
Wish I could get there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:34 pm 

Oh man, that's the next city to me. I'm already booked in for Friday though. Gutted.